Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new TCU installed due to the old one won't allow 20.2 update but still no 20.2. Now the Wattcat did report correct version 19.2 instead of 17.2 before the replacement. However, it also reports lower battery readings, 12.9v for Aux Battery Voltage and 70% for TCU Battery. Do I need to be concerned? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,021 Posts
The TCU voltage may take a few days to get up to the constant 90% expected. Assume that the voltage dropped a bit while the part was sitting in a warehouse, then shipped to the dealer and installed. The TCU battery will take a few driving sessions to get fully recharged. People have had theirs go to 0% while their cats were at the vet for extended periods and not driven. Their TCU batteries got back to 90% after several days of driving.

The "Aux battery voltage" (which may not be the aux battery but the starter battery) may also be low based on sitting for a while at the dealer. I've observed readings on mine from 12.x to 15.x. It just happens to be a moment-in-time snapshot reported to the Jaguar servers. Take a look at it at different points in time and you might find it at the higher voltage while being charged, or somewhere in between a high value and a low value.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The TCU voltage may take a few days to get up to the constant 90% expected. Assume that the voltage dropped a bit while the part was sitting in a warehouse, then shipped to the dealer and installed. The TCU battery will take a few driving sessions to get fully recharged. People have had theirs go to 0% while their cats were at the vet for extended periods and not driven. Their TCU batteries got back to 90% after several days of driving.

The "Aux battery voltage" (which may not be the aux battery but the starter battery) may also be low based on sitting for a while at the dealer. I've observed readings on mine from 12.x to 15.x. It just happens to be a moment-in-time snapshot reported to the Jaguar servers. Take a look at it at different points in time and you might find it at the higher voltage while being charged, or somewhere in between a high value and a low value.
Thanks. I thought all three small batteries were maintained by the main battery even if the car is sitting. The dealer had the car for less than 24 hours and fully charged overnight. I had a few trips over 100 miles since then. Anyway, Will see if the readings will go up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts