Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 S
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to working from home because of Covid I really haven't had to charge the vehicle very much in my almost 2 months of ownership. I'm still working out the kinks. I figured out how to delay my charge time, and I also tried using WattCat to set the max SOC, but the car would always charge to full. Last night, instead of messing with the delayed charge, I just plugged the car in. This morning, for the first time, I saw a notice on my phone from WattCat that the charging had stopped at my desired max SOC. I don't have enough data points to know if this was just a random event or if the max SOC setting only works if you're not using a delayed charge. Anyone know? That delayed charge functionality is kind of wacky so it wouldn't surprise me if it interfered with the max SOC setting in WattCat.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Using delayed charging or any other feature which starts/stops charging will certainly mess with WattCat. What could end up happening is the delayed charging feature pausing charging, WattCat then detects that and lowers the frequency of status updates. When charging resumes again, WattCat might not detect it before charging is then completed.

Hope that made some resemblance of sense :)

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
I experimented with pausing charging using WattCat last night and this morning.

Experiment 1: Started charging. Paused charging after a couple minutes. Could not restart charging, tried everything: lock/unlock car, unplug/plug_back_in cable, power cycle the ChargePoint unit. Nothing would let me restart. Only after I drove the car (for a bit more than a mile) did it stop insisting that charging had paused, and I was able to plug back in to charge overnight.

Experiment 2: Set the max charge to 90%. This morning it had indeed stopped charging (at 86%, which is fine; IIRC WattCat stops when it's within 5 percentage points?). But I can't resume charging now (after setting max charge to 100%).

Both times I got the "charging toggle started" message, but after a while I got the error message that charging can't resume.

Update: after restarting WattCat I was able to resume charging this morning. It sat at "Initializing" for a couple of minutes but now it resumed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts