Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! For no particular reason (actually, to go check out the new Mustang Mach-E EV!) my wife and I went to the Washington Auto Show yesterday.

Jaguar has carved out a huge area of the lower floor exhibit space for a demo area for IPAces. Long lines of people were lined up to get rides showing off IPace performance, ranging from acceleration over uneven ground, braking, even climbing up and over a steep little bridge. (I have photos but the forum isn't allowing me to upload them)

The whole thing is a bit like the Camp Jeep experience (going on simultaneously at the opposite corner of the Convention Center).

They had about 10 vehicles there and employees were taking three passengers at a time on these rides. Good to see Jaguar at least expending some marketing effort to raise awareness of the vehicle and its capabilities.

As a side note, aside from the IPace, Mach-E and a prominently displayed Bolt or two, there was very little EV action at the show. Very disappointing.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the update on the show - sounds dangerous putting 4-500 hp car in the hands of stranger is any type of exhibit facility. Look forward to the images.

Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
This would have been extra fun before I bought my car - but very good to see the effort going out on some marketing!

·
Registered
1 Posts
DC Track experience moved me to order an IPACE

You are right of course. They looked like they were having fun.
I was so impressed last year by the Jag exhibit at the DC Autoshow that I ordered my Boraso Grey IPACE S in July and took delivery of my 2020 in September from Bethesda Jaguar. All the people at the 2020 DC show this year are great and the track is even better. No Land Rover track this year ... though.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,929 Posts
I was so impressed last year by the Jag exhibit at the DC Autoshow that I ordered my Boraso Grey IPACE S in July and took delivery of my 2020 in September from Bethesda Jaguar. All the people at the 2020 DC show this year are great and the track is even better. No Land Rover track this year ... though.
Awesome, congrats and welcome! I had ordered my I-Pace already when I took one around the cone course they had set up here at an event. It confirmed my decision in spades!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts