Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
My concern with 22"s in winter is not necessarily the snow tires, but road damage. In Montreal, we have "pot hole season" where all the freeze thaws cycles (and terrible road maintenance) cause thousands of pot holes to appear during the winter and spring. I'd want more tire to absorb those and protect those nice 22' rims.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I would have the same concern for my tire. I don't have the 22", only the 20", but for my winter tires I have scaled down to 18" with another set of replicat rim. I did not want to damage my 20" rim in our wonderfull pot hole in Montréal, QC. The 18" has a better shock absorption.

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
56 Posts
I really should have researched this a bit more before I bought the car... I have the 22" CF wheels and they look incredible!

However, I live in Denver and really want a good all season tire instead of the summer only tire.

The issue is that there are literally NO all-season tires that fit the 22" rim as of now. I've contacted tire rack, the dealer, and discount tire and no one has an idea of even an alternative size that could fit. Perfect.

I did find on 1010tires.com that there is a Pirelli Scorpion snow tire that comes in the correct size. However, they don't have them in the US so they would have to come through Canada - with the tarrifs it's a challenge to get them over and will cost extra to get here.

Then I contacted the dealer about buying a second set of 20" wheels for the winter - those are 1200/wheel!

Soooo I'm more or less forced to get the Pirelli Scorpions and swap them out seasonally. Not the worst, but our temps aren't that severe and I'll burn through them quickly. Also don't love the idea of subjecting these rims to having tires taken off and on since few shops can work on them well.

If anyone has any other bright ideas, I'm game. Otherwise, let this post serve as a warning to others to not get the 22" rims if you live somewhere that has snow!

Regards,
We are in exactly the SAME boat. Got great price on 2019 first edition BUT it had these top of the line 22" wheels with summer tires. I am not the type of driver who would appreciate what they have to offer. I am going to replace them with 20" wheels with all-weather tires and work on selling these 22" wheels (which are in perfect condition with 3300 miles on the tires) for a very good price compared to their market worth. The Jag 20" T4K3866 typhoon (top of that line) wheels which will allow me to get the tires I want. ANYONE reading this who appreciated my 22" wheel/tire set should contact me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Don't do that! Get these for winter. I'm in Minnesota and work great and you can use them all year too.

Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 265/40 R22 106W XL BSW

·
Premium Member
2019 EV400 First Edition with 20" Wheelset using All-Weather Tires
56 Posts
Don't do that! Get these for winter. I'm in Minnesota and work great and you can use them all year too.

Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 265/40 R22 106W XL BSW
Just saw comment and appreciate your taking the time to write it. However, it is way too late as I have replaced my wheels with 20" ones and got another full set of all-weather high-mileage tires so I could drive year-round. My 22" wheels are now available should anyone want them. They are professionally packed and ready for immediate shipment. They are in excellent condition and were used for only 3300 miles.

If I had found the tires you mentioned I would have been concerned seeing as how they are not only a different size than recommended by Jaguar BUT are not even recommended by the seller as useable on the I-Pace. Furthermore, there is the issue of reprogramming of the computer system to better reflect certain performance parameters. The dealer can only work with the three tire sizes recommended for the 18", 20", and 22" wheels offered for this model vehicle. However, your use of them appears to confirm they certainly do the trick. And it would have saved me lots of money as well. But I am happy with what I did and enjoy driving a vehicle which is still equipped with factory Jaguar wheels/tires and for which the computer has been reprogrammed by the dealer.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
181 Posts
I've got OE 20" wheels that I use in the summer with the all-season rubber that was installed at the factory. I bought another set of 20" wheels from a member on these boards and I will put proper winter tires on those. Living in the mountains, proper winter tires are a must between mid October and mid May. Mine go on this weekend.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have four 20" Jaguar 5070 style split spoke wheels in technical gray with the original Goodyear Eagle Sport all season tires on them. The wheels and tires have less than 1000 miles on them and are in perfect condition. They are complete with TPMS, center caps and lug nuts. I'm asking $3000 for them and could supply shipping . I will provide photos and any information requested to anyone interested.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got lucky this winter and found four 20" Jaguar 6007 wheels on eBay with Goodyear Eagle Sport tires. About 8000 miles on tires. $1000 shipped. I mounted 245/50R-20 Vredestein Wintrac Pro XL tires. $844 (Tire Rack) plus $102 at Big-O Tires to mount. Bought a floor jack and takes about 35 minutes to swap from all season to winter tires. The Wintrac are great on snow and ice. I ran them at 37 psi. They are up in the racks now waiting for next season.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
181 Posts
I’ve been impressed with the performance of the Vredsteins. Mine are still on the I-Pace, which is good considering it’s snowing hard at my house right now!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts