Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently, i go through all the luxury car OEM who provides EV. I like all of them
but there is something common i all those which is there wall box charger.
that charger looks so shitty that I cant install it in my house.
It just decreases the appearance of my house and also if i am buying a luxury EV then i expect OEM to deliver Luxury accessories.
Do you guys also have same problem. please let me know ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
You can choose whatever charging box you want, you are not tied to the car supplier all of which apart from Tesla do not offer there own solution simply introduce you to a third party.

If you want an aesthetically pleasing charger the answer is Andersen EV (which can be customised to your own specific colour requirements too). I have one of these and it is great although I am not sure if they are sold in India. They really aren't cheap here in the UK being more then twice the price of the cheaper chargers but you get what you pay for here.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Would recommand the Tesla wall charger. Less ugly than the competitors ! And yes, it works for all car brands.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Think about the two charger garage. Make sure the amperage is low enough not to overwhelm your house power.

·
Registered
2020 S
82 Posts
The BMW charger looks nice, but it seems very large. I specifically wanted a low profile charger that didn't store the plug on the face since I have to walk by it. My simple, inexpensive Amazon Basics charger won't win any beauty contests, but it's about as unobtrusive as they come.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You can choose whatever charging box you want, you are not tied to the car supplier all of which apart from Tesla do not offer there own solution simply introduce you to a third party.

If you want an aesthetically pleasing charger the answer is Andersen EV (which can be customised to your own specific colour requirements too). I have one of these and it is great although I am not sure if they are sold in India. They really aren't cheap here in the UK being more then twice the price of the cheaper chargers but you get what you pay for here.
ya i saw that, i love that. But it is too costly.
But what if I will provide you better pleasing design and software control with some different features in much less price than the andersen A2.
will you buy that ??

·
Registered
152 Posts
ya i saw that, i love that. But it is too costly.
But what if I will provide you better pleasing design and software control with some different features in much less price than the andersen A2.
will you buy that ??
Why would I buy another when I already have one? I think the key thing here is reliability no-one sane is going to risk their expensive car or home electrical supply with an unproven product and to be legally sold in the US, UK or EU it would need to be fully approved. Moreover purchasers (me included) look for provenance, customer reviews, warranties etc.

Its not just about the product and what it looks like and does (although that is very important) its about the organisation that stands behind it.

I strongly suspect that the underlying components of a charging station are relatively cheap but many will be prepared to pay for more than the sum of the parts by having someone to go after if a fault causes their car to burst into flames for instance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why would I buy another when I already have one? I think the key thing here is reliability no-one sane is going to risk their expensive car or home electrical supply with an unproven product and to be legally sold in the US, UK or EU it would need to be fully approved. Moreover purchasers (me included) look for provenance, customer reviews, warranties etc.

Its not just about the product and what it looks like and does (although that is very important) its about the organisation that stands behind it.

I strongly suspect that the underlying components of a charging station are relatively cheap but many will be prepared to pay for more than the sum of the parts by having someone to go after if a fault causes their car to burst into flames for instance.
I respect your query and I will make you sure that reliability is our first priority. And you already have one, that's great !!.
But the one who doesn't have and wondering to have one is our customer.
lastly when a company from A country comes to B country then each and every rules and prosperities are examined and followed with every safety testing authorities.
thank you for your pleasant response on my query. One day my product will find you.
Sweat humans in UK :) .

·
Registered
34 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts