Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,269 Posts
It's obviously a marketing gimmick but pretty awesome at that!

article said:
Free charging sessions will be limited to 30 minutes, and then a fee will kick in. This is essential to discourage drivers from hogging such an attractive offering. Thirty minutes of DCFC can mean 175 miles of free driving for those visiting the station.
I love that!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
There are several chargers in the areas where I live and work that are free. Most are Chargepoint chargers ranging from 6.6 to 50kW. They are "subsidized" by businesses or government entities where they are located.

I do make use of them. :smile2:

Driving the I-Pace with the free charging for almost all of the local driving has cut my diesel fuel expenditures way down.
I have probably saved at least $700 so far.

It's still going to take a few years to recover the full cost of the I-pace, though. :wink2:

·
Registered
50 Posts
There are several chargers in the areas where I live and work that are free. Most are Chargepoint chargers ranging from 6.6 to 50kW. They are "subsidized" by businesses or government entities where they are located.
Same here. My I-Pace is my daily driver and my company has Chargepoint chargers in the parking lot (which are free to employees).
Chargepoint tells me I'm saving $125/month in gas costs. It will be a while to recoup the purchase price.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been using the free Volta L2 chargers in the SF Bay Area for a while but last night I came across a Volta DC fast charger.
Looks like an EVGo system but no cost, no card, just plug and charge.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
W043r, I know exactly where you charged up, because I work next door. I didn’t realize Volta added a L3 in that location. Their two L2 in the underground garage are always occupied

·
Registered
40 Posts
W043r, I know exactly where you charged up, because I work next door. I didn’t realize Volta added a L3 in that location. Their two L2 in the underground garage are always occupied
Hi Squishball,
Yes they have also added two more L2 chargers in the outside parking lot where the L3 is, in addition to the two L2 chargers underground.
Also worth mentioning; there was no time limit on the system (only a sign saying you should limit charging to 2 hours).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts