Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started having a loud AC fan noise when the AC is running. Very annoying, Can hear it inside driving at highway speeds. AZ resident. Didn't hear the fan noise in any of the many test drives I had in several vehicles. Wasn't doing it when I took delivery the drive home or over the weekend or on Monday. Started yesterday evening on my drive home.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not experiencing any AC fan noise other than the normal increase in sounds as you increase fan speed or set to Max. If you are getting something that is more like a hum or buzz, rather than the sound of high airflow, you may need to take it in.

Since you have four zone, did you isolate front or rear for the noise?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Not experiencing any AC fan noise other than the normal increase in sounds as you increase fan speed or set to Max. If you are getting something that is more like a hum or buzz, rather than the sound of high airflow, you may need to take it in.

Since you have four zone, did you isolate front or rear for the noise?
It's the external fan that cools the AC system not the internal cabin circulating fans. Sort of like the electric fan on a ICE that blows air through the radiator. As the system gets hotter it needs more and faster air to cool the system so you hear the fan "really" ramp up to an "annoying" level, very.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
It's the external fan that cools the AC system not the internal cabin circulating fans. Sort of like the electric fan on a ICE that blows air through the radiator. As the system gets hotter it needs more and faster air to cool the system so you hear the fan "really" ramp up to an "annoying" level, very.
It's probably the battery cooling system. I hear it sometimes too, it can be loud.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's probably the battery cooling system. I hear it sometimes too, it can be loud.
I thought this first initially but when I turn off the AC the fan slows and stops. When they both start running while charging in the garage, wow, can almost hear it through my garage clear through to the back side of the house...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm also in AZ, and certainly hear is when preconditioning (as I walk from my work building - sounds like a street sweeper). I haven't heard it while driving though.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm also in AZ, and certainly hear is when preconditioning (as I walk from my work building - sounds like a street sweeper). I haven't heard it while driving though.
At work I'm in a multi story parking garage, you can here it echoing around the parking garage when I get out of the elevator.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I noticed that as of the last update when I plug my car in to charge the cooling system kicks in and is quite loud. Heats up my garage significantly too! It turns off after a few minutes though so I am not worried. The car is probably trying to cool the battery a bit before starting the charge process.

Timbo

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have experienced same loud noise, when I connect home charger to charge after 45 mile commute to work. Battery is cooling down. Car is in shop for AC repair for more than 3 weeks. AC quite on me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
At work I'm in a multi story parking garage, you can here it echoing around the parking garage when I get out of the elevator.
Maybe an undocumented feature for identifying vehicle location? lol I just picked mine back up this am from getting some software updates (they told me it was 18 hours of software updates). I'll let you know if that changes any fan noise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts