Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Has anyone tried a Verizon SIM for the user sim? I doubt that 2g / 3g would work, but in 4g coverage areas it seems like it should be fine, so long as the antenna supposed the right frequencies (since all 4g is LTE).

I’d rather not buy a device just to get them to give me a SIM if I don’t have to.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
You should make sure the data SIMs/towers for Verizon in your areas are in the frequencies supported by the I-Pace cellular modems.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve tried looking for that info, but so far haven’t been able to find it. It’s a given that it supports all the frequencies that ATT uses, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t support all valid LTE frequencies so it is world portable via a single part.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I asked at 2 Verizon stores, and they said that carriers usually have proprietary deals with auto manufacturers, and that they (Verizon) didn't with JLR. Their only suggestion was a WIFI hotspot you plug into your diagnostics port.

I passed.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Maybe a google fi sim? That's tmobile frequencies, probably.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm actually running with a US Mobile SIM right now (which is T-Mobile). It "works," but I don't know if it works everywhere it should (it was dead on part of the 101 between Petaluma and SF over the weekend). T-Mobile does have overlap of frequencies, and their main band is the same as AT&T, but it isn't identical. Here's a good site with what carriers use what bands, as well as Wikipedia.

I'm guessing JLR disabled the bands they don't need for AT&T and whatever provider they use in Canada. I'm guessing I'm not lucky enough for it to be Freedom in Canada (which overlaps with Verizon), and is more likely Bell or Rogers (which overlaps with AT&T).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I'm using Google Fi in my I-Pace. It uses T-Mobile for data. Coverage is usually pretty good here in the northeast and it always connects at 4G speeds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts