Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To my surprise it turns out the ipace plays lossless high bit rate FLAC files. Fantastic sound quality. This is not a format that Jaguar's manual says is supported. So a winner.

Less of a winner is USB stick comparability. Cannot get it to recognise anything over 64GB (using Sandisk). Putting smaller FAT32 partitions on bigger drives also a fail. Manual says is happy with up to 128GB. Seems not Sandisk at least. And only FAT32...? Really?

Any tips on larger than 64GB USBs appreciated...:cool:

Rod in Oz

·
Registered
893 Posts
I only use FLAC files in the I-Pace which is great and it does work with 128g

Do you have a Mac or windows machine?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a windows machine. Stick used clean from supplier. I.e. no new format so still FAT32

·
Registered
893 Posts
Have you tried to reformat into FAT32?
Is it USB 3.0 or 3.1?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Its a Sandisk SDCZ430 which is a 3.1 standard... Which may be the problem!
USB 3.1 should be your problem. I had to switch to 3.0 and it worked fine with all of my files which are FLAC

Although I've heard others are able to use 3.1, I wasn't able to

·
Registered
893 Posts
Im using 320k

These are ripped from Spotify with each file is ateast 28mb
I also have an MP4 video that I can watch

I actually use USB 2.0 because I had one sitting around

I would test a few large, high bitrate files on any other USB stick you have.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To my surprise it turns out the ipace plays lossless high bit rate FLAC files. Fantastic sound quality. This is not a format that Jaguar's manual says is supported. So a winner.

Less of a winner is USB stick comparability. Cannot get it to recognise anything over 64GB (using Sandisk). Putting smaller FAT32 partitions on bigger drives also a fail. Manual says is happy with up to 128GB. Seems not Sandisk at least. And only FAT32...? Really?

Any tips on larger than 64GB USBs appreciated...:cool:

Rod in Oz
Try formatting the drive as FAT32 (MS-DOS (FAT)) with MASTER BOOT RECORD. Other partition schemes won't work in the Jag. I'm using 5.1 multichannel FLAC music files on a 128GB SSD in my I-Pace.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
  • Try formatting the drive as FAT32 (MS-DOS (FAT)) with MASTER BOOT RECORD. Other partition schemes won't work in the Jag. I'm using 5.1 multichannel FLAC music files on a 128GB SSD in my I-Pace.
Thanks for that. A MBR is a record at the start of a disk partition - no more. It is not a partition type. If USB drives came with an MBR on them they would be a potential boot source on computers that booted with them inserted!! It has to be a standard Primary partition, not EFI or logical... I have utilities for format large USB drives with FAT32 - and have even created smaller partitions to see if the partition size is the problem (and with commensurately smaller block sizes - for that could also be an hiccough). It does not seem to be so.

So USB 3.1 seems to be the culprit. Possibly fixable with a software update - so we wait for S20b - which in turn awaits the end of lock down for the affected S/W engineers...

thanks again

Rod

1 - 11 of 11 Posts