Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Updated Maps- Has anyone installed them

7K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  CurtSprings2 
#1 ·
When I got the car a couple of days ago, I forgot it mentioned there was an updated map available. I'm currently downloading that map to a USB drive. Has anyone done this on their I-Pace?

#2 ·
Every month. Updates come out at the end/beginning of a month. Expect the next update, after the one you're getting now, to be available out May 31 or June 1.
Let the navigation system get started up completely and then plug the USB into one of the positions inside the center console/arm rest. Follow the prompts.

#6 ·
I updated my Navigation for the first time.
It was interesting that USB 3.1 works to update the Navigation, but it doesn't work to play music files.
That is odd because I have a Samsung 32GB FIT Plus 3.1 drive that works for both. Samsung model MUF-32AB/AM UPC 887276265919

I've also had a different brand 3.0 labeled drive that performed like 2.0.

I'm convinced that not all USB drives of a version actually perform to specifications they claim. It can vary within the brand not just between brands.

The stubby shape of the Samsung drive noted above also has the advantage of not sticking out in case I want to probe the depths of the storage area for something.

#8 ·
Over the last year I've frequently updated the maps with no problems. Using the same 3.1 USB SansDisk drive I have each time, still formatted with FAT32, I have been unable to get the latest map update to be recognized when I plug it into the USB ports inside the center console. I've tried both just for good measure. I start the car fully (foot on brake), wait for the nav system to update, and then plug in the USB drive just like the instructions state. The light on the drive flashes as if it is being properly loaded and read by the car.

The latest map is 08.030.108.0154, the car reports it has 08.030.105.154. The only change I've made is install the 20A SOTA and of course loaded the new map on the USB erasing the old one.

Has anyone else done a successful map update with that version of map and.or since installing the 20A SOTA update?

Sigh...

#10 ·
It sounds like you've done everything right.
I updated the maps just a few hours after downloading 20A. Also using Sandisk 3.1 32MB flashdrive formatted to Fat32. I used the Nav downloader tool to format the drive and not a 3rd party or Microsoft tool.
Okay, thanks for letting me know that's not it then. Yeah, I didn't mention it above but I also wiped the drive and tried ExFAT once, but then the Map Downloader tool complained about that so I let it reformat it back to FAT32 still with no luck. I try some more experiments tomorrow. Also FYI, I'm on a Mac running OS X so maybe that has some different behavior but it has always worked before.

Thanks again for helping me eliminate those possibilities!

#11 ·
Okay, thanks for letting me know that's not it then. Yeah, I didn't mention it above but I also wiped the drive and tried ExFAT once, but then the Map Downloader tool complained about that so I let it reformat it back to FAT32 still with no luck. I try some more experiments tomorrow. Also FYI, I'm on a Mac running OS X so maybe that has some different behavior but it has always worked before.

Thanks again for helping me eliminate those possibilities!
Maybe it is an OS issue with 20A as I am using Windows. Perhaps try a different flashdrive?

#16 ·
I'm stilling trying to add a vehicle to the maps website. I made an account on the Jaguar maps website and turned on the AT&T mobile data on the car, but I don't see the "4G" or whatever symbol on the InTouch screen and the maps website will not add my car to my account. It keeps telling me to sign in on my navigation screen which I've already done. I think something is still not correct with getting my AT&T connection active on the car or there is some delay in when I set it up and when it is fully functional.

I am on WiFi right now as well.

#17 ·
I had a similar issue when I first signed up with AT&T. For some reason their system and the car's system were not communicating properly. It took a couple of weeks with someone at JLRNA talking to AT&T to sort it out. From what I was told the id that the car presented to AT&T was not the id they had on record for that vin#. Not sure I believe that, but ....
For me, the SIM was working - live traffic was showing, my AT&T account was showing as active and the car would login, but no 4/5G symbol and no live weather, news or internet access.

#19 ·
Just a follow-up from my earlier request for help on my recent map-loading problems. I appreciate all of the responses that helped me narrow down the possible issues!

To recap, I was unable to get the car to recognize the map update on the somewhat old Sandisk USB 3.0 128GB drive I had used for map updates at least a half dozen times before. I found another 64GB drive I had sitting around, the version of USB not known, and was able to get partially through the update when it would fail with the message: "Unable to install new maps. Please try again or contact your Dealer for assistance" about 10-15% through the update. I tried that 3 times. My Mac's diagnostics detected no problems with either drive.

So I finally bought a new 32GB Sandisk USB 3.1 drive and tried with that this morning and everything updated just fine.

The bottom line is the car seems super-sensitive to the USB drive being used. If you have problems getting yours to take the update a new USB drive may be the fix (USB 3.1 in my case, but I know USB 3.0 drives have worked before for me and others).

#20 ·
The bottom line is the car seems super-sensitive to the USB drive being used. If you have problems getting yours to take the update a new USB drive may be the fix (USB 3.1 in my case, but I know USB 3.0 drives have worked before for me and others).
StormRune, I fully concur with your experience with USB drives. None of my existing 3.0 ones worked either for map updates or as music storage, but a newly purchased 3.1 did. I had the same issue (music) on my 991.1 (gone) & 991.2.

#21 ·
Finally got the Jaguar Maps website to acknowledge my I-Pace and then I was able to download the update. Put it on the USB, plugged it into the car, update seems to have worked properly. First time update is a success! Not sure exactly what USB version my 128 GB stick is.

#32 ·
FINALLY got the here.com website to add my I-Pace. I have given up on this many, many times! We also own an F-Pace, and that one shows up. Would not let me add another vehicle. Until today that is. I must have tried 8 or 9 times yesterday to add a vehicle. Today it magically appeared! First time ever downloading the map. It worked the first time. Wasn't sure if I had to depress the brake pedal to "turn on ignition" or could have just pressed the button sans brake to install. But, finally decided to to start with the brake pedal. Plugged in the thumbdrive and away it went. Made me nervous to leave the car "on" in the garage, so checked it every 3 minutes. Should have just sat in it!! Almost went for a drive, but have a birthday cake to make, etc. Next thing I knew, it was done! Installed the 20A two days ago. Thanks to this Forum, I tried something new. Also, would have never remembered to download the new map!

#24 ·
I've been updating my maps monthly using the same USB stick since I got the car in January 2019, but after installing S20A it now longer sees the device when I insert it in the car. :( Which is funny since S20A was held back because of a problem it introduced doing map updates, and they had planned to fix that before continuing with the release.

#28 ·
My 2019 iPace nav screen is saying that there is a map update available but when I go to the website to get the latest the version is actually older rhan what I have. I did have my car in service a month ago so maybe dealers have later versions of maps than Jaguar.here.com? Confusing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.