Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I’m new to the forums and the Jaguar infotainment experience lol. Recently an update got pushed to the vehicle (full update number in title) and now voice navigation specifically on Apple CarPlay is no longer available. I tested the built in navigation voice and that works fine as well as Siri and music in CarPlay. Has anybody experienced this and possibly knows a solution (whether it is hard resetting the infotainment or resetting something in CarPlay)? I’ve also tried deleting the ipace from CarPlay and reconnecting and still nothing.
2020 Jaguar iPace SE USA

·
Registered
2019 S with S21A and 16.2
128 Posts
I believe this is a know issue with android auto also and the update.

See post #37 in this thread:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same issue. My carplay setup is probably different than most people. I have an iphone that is dedicated to only doing carplay. I leave it plugged in the car all the time. Lost my carplay navigation audio after the latest update (no audio problem with Android Auto so far). I had also updated my iphone right about the same time and I had thought this was caused by latest IOS update. I've done almost everything I can think of including factory resetting iphone and installing IOS beta software. I have not tried resetting the infotainment yet. What's weird is I am able to get the carplay audio to work at least 75% of the times if I do the following.
  1. stop carplay navigation
  2. unplug iphone cable
  3. change Audio source to Radio or Android Auto.
  4. plug iphone back in
  5. start carplay navigation using voice command button
  6. change audio source back to Carplay...and voila, i can hear voice navigation again
This will get my carplay navigation audio back but it only last until my car is off. I have to redo this again on my next trip. I have resigned to using Android Auto for now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all I’m new to the forums and the Jaguar infotainment experience lol. Recently an update got pushed to the vehicle (full update number in title) and now voice navigation specifically on Apple CarPlay is no longer available. I tested the built in navigation voice and that works fine as well as Siri and music in CarPlay. Has anybody experienced this and possibly knows a solution (whether it is hard resetting the infotainment or resetting something in CarPlay)? I’ve also tried deleting the ipace from CarPlay and reconnecting and still nothing.
2020 Jaguar iPace SE USA

·
Registered
425 Posts
Same issue here. Can't recall when it started early (not doing as many trips needing nav these days), but it is consistently not using the voice despite being on in the iPhone prefs.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I personally think that build-in SatNav and Radio is "good enough" for me, so I barely use CarPlay, except for a couple of podcast on long journey. Does the problem occur also with the next iOS 15 that should be available soon (available in public beta today) ?
Review :

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am experiencing this same issue…. Does anyone know when the next software update is expected and if it will include a fix for this? I hate the idea of rolling back from version 21A, but this is actually dangerous because it forces me to look away from the road to look at the map.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
190 Posts
Seeing as how S21A was released in April, I would say that based on prior release cadences we could have expected a new version by now.
That said, the red flag was when they released the "rollback" bulletin two months ago. Clearly if a new version was on the horizon, it would have been communicated then, or they would have avoided the rollback approach altogether. Given the cost cuts at JLR and the amount of focus they've had to put into fixing Pivi, I think you can expect that ICTP is in maintenance mode now, and less frequent releases are going to be the result. Maybe 1 to 2 annually if I had to guess.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wonder if this means they'll no longer do the rollback option, while we wait for the new fix. My dealer yesterday said they can't figure out how to roll it back (despite me showing them the TSB posted earlier on this thread). Anyone know if this is true?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My dealer said that they’d need to keep the car for a few days in order to roll it back because they’d need to work with the Jaguar software department to kick off the rollback. I opted to keep the current software rather than being carless for awhile.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On another forum, someone got this response from JLR:

Unfortunately we still do not as of yet have a date of when the update will be released to resolve the concerns. As a manufacturer we are working to release the update as quickly as possible but also ensuring the functionality of the update too. We would recommend you to register your interest with your local retailer who will contact you when the update is released.

I appreciate and can only apologise this is not the outcome you were hoping for.

Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

Megan Hennessy
UK Customer Experience Centre

T: 0370 5000 500
E: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts