Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Should be picking up my new 2020 from Service today. Dealer confirmed Wi-Fi is stuck on loading screen.

Fault code U2300-54 Central Configuration Missing Calibration, B14a9-13-B14AA-13 Broad Reach Link Telematics + Open Circuit.

Found TCU software update needed to restore connectivity.

4G Server checked and failed; No connectivity. No damage to SIM card. Tested vehicle with dealership SIM card. Car connected to 4G. New SIM card needed.

Telematics updated to most current Aug. 2020 version available.

Will report more, once I pick my car up. Crazy that Wi-Fi worked a few days ago and even successfully did S20B1 OTA. I wonder what happened for Wi-Fi to die?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a similar issue after my sim card was replaced. I had no connectivity whatsoever, not via 4G nor WIFI, even though it worked earlier. Then suddenly after a few hours it started working again

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Picked up Kitty II. New SIM car activated 4G and Wi-Fi fixed (it would never have come back on it's own). My Telematics are now 19.2 (y)

My selling dealer installed the SIM card for 4G on my delivery day (8/11/20), but did not bother checking to see that it worked. Selling dealer also delivered the car to me with Telematics 16.2, instead of the most current (at the time) 18.2

Hornburg Jaguar on Sunset Blvd is amazing for buying, as their selection is phenomenal, deals are the best and the Sales Team is top notch, but their Service and new car PDI is truly atrocious.

Jaguar Thousand Oaks Service is absolutely THE BEST (but their new car inventory is pretty scarce).

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had a similar issue after my sim card was replaced. I had no connectivity whatsoever, not via 4G nor WIFI, even though it worked earlier. Then suddenly after a few hours it started working again
Matt....When your 4G became active, did you get an email from AT&T confirming your 3 months free and giving you the "car's phone number"? When I took delivery of my 2019 in Dec. 2019, I got an email from AT&T welcoming me to 3 months free and it gave me a phone number tied to my car and an account #. My 2020....no email from AT&T and no "car phone number".

I had functioning Wi-Fi on delivery day with my new 2020 and I even used Wi-Fi for S20B SOTA last week. For some reason (dealer has zero idea why or how), the Wi-Fi went out on its own. But, all is great now :) LOVE Jaguar Thousand Oaks, CA Service Dept!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I did get the email, but not when the 4G became active -- I had to call att connected car, they opened a case, etc, got it working, and then I got the email. They actually called me a day later to ask if everything is working ok.

Most surprisingly, I got the email from ATT but I still haven't gotten an email from JAG congratulating me on my purchase.

Interesting about the Wi-Fi -- I can connect, and a few days later the car forgets the password and so of course no longer connects.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
900 Posts
Interesting about the Wi-Fi -- I can connect, and a few days later the car forgets the password and so of course no longer connects.
That happens to all of us. It seems to be a feature that Jaguar chooses to not fix. The manual implies that you only have to enter it once, but it keeps forgetting it.

There's a possibility that the early versions of infotainment forget to forget ;), but all versions from at least 19B have this feature.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The forgetful Wi-Fi password, as Ayepace mentioned plagues most of us. What is funny/very quirky Jaguar....when I got home from picking my car up yesterday to get the Wi-Fi and 4G fixed, when I pulled in my garage, the Wi-Fi connected with the password that it did not have a few days earlier :-o LOL

Our I-Paces will always amuse us. I LOVE it and just remind myself that its quirks are part of the charm. I think ;)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder if it takes days or weeks for my VIN to enter the AT&T Data system? I have an AT&T Date account, and my 2019 I-Pace is already off the account. My 4G is now working in my 2020. I accessed my AT&T account and entered the VIN for my new car, and it says VIN not in data base/unknown :-O but 4G is active & working.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@matt The dealer gave me a new SIM card on Tues 8/25. As of today Fri 8/28, when I try to enter my VIN on my AT&T mobile data website to add my 2020 I-Pace to my AT&T account, it still says VIN unknown/vehicle unknown all in red!

Is this normal? The dealer told me it is all handled, but if so how does AT&T mobile data say my VIN is not in their system? What happens in 90 days? Will my 4G just go away? If so, if AT&T does not even acknowledge my VIN...how will I continue/reinstate 4G data?

Sorry for the ramble, just confused (and annoyed JLR did not make this easier for owners). Thank you!

·
Registered
116 Posts
This whole MyVehicle thing is just not ready for prime time. It would let me enter my VIN but it took ATT over 3 weeks to let me create an account. And they still can't get the SIM card to work even though they say the SIM is fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
@Deutsch100 If you have 4G, I think that means the dealer successfully update their system with the new sim card. Call att connected car and have them create a case. When I did this, they apparently contacted Jaguar to get the vehicle details and added the VIN to their system. I already had an account from my previous car though. Within 48 hours, ATT had it resolved. So try that and let us know how it goes (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts