Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time ago, at a DC station I was unable to connect my IPace to the CCS plug, giving a connection error. I thought it was a compatibility problem, but when I was leaving, another IPace arrived and connected to that plug .... I tried later, on two more DC Chargers, with the same result.
I took the car to Jaguar and after a few days they said that the charging module failed and they have to install a new one. When they connected the car to the workshop's quick charger, he didn't charge. After replacing the defective part, they charged it once on DC charger and then never did it again.... charges on single-phase chargers only ... I await further tests to find out what is really going on. Has the same happened to someone in this Forum?
Its been a month since the car is there with no diagnostic....

·
Registered
848 Posts
Wow, another first time poster with a serious issue. We’re getting a rash of these today. ;)

I‘m curious, you said you said the problem was fixed after they replaced the defective module and the issue has never recurred. So why do you say, “I await further tests to find out what is really going on”?

The problem was diagnosed to a ’faulty module’, the module was replaced and the issue is gone. So what exactly are you waiting for? Is the car still at the dealer? If so why, since it’s been repaired?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
900 Posts
Are all the DC chargers of the same brand? Same model of charger?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They replaced the damaged module. That was their first conclusion. The problem is that after the change it charged once on the DC charge of the dealership and stoped working again.
The brands of the chargers are all different, thats why i dont believe its a compatibility issue.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Some time ago, at a DC station I was unable to connect my IPace to the CCS plug, giving a connection error. I thought it was a compatibility problem, but when I was leaving, another IPace arrived and connected to that plug .... I tried later, on two more DC Chargers, with the same result.
I took the car to Jaguar and after a few days they said that the charging module failed and they have to install a new one. When they connected the car to the workshop's quick charger, he didn't charge. After replacing the defective part, they charged it once on DC charger and then never did it again.... charges on single-phase chargers only ... I await further tests to find out what is really going on. Has the same happened to someone in this Forum?
Its been a month since the car is there with no diagnostic....

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had same issue in 2019. After a month at the dealer and Jaguar talking to engineers in Europe a new battery was installed. Issue resolved. I had one of the first Jaguars and had nothing but issues first few months. The car is still awesome.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I received some news from the dealer.... after 4 weeks of tests they are saying it is a problem with the wiring.
only after its instalation we can be sure if that solves the problem...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Although not really related to your issue (I was unable to start the car and had to get towed to the dealer), mine too was a wiring issue. Something as simple as a poor ground connection disabled the car and set off a rash of almost every conceivable warning the car had.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts