Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
137 Posts
It wouldn't be surprising to see delays based on Covid and Brexit. That said, JLR is was behind it's typical model year release schedule. The 2017 XE started arriving in the US in May of 2016.
But with a significant amount of uncertainty around JLR and a new boss that is currently assessing it's future, my suspicion is that they are holding off on releasing new models, pending a decision Thierry.

·
Registered
950 Posts
But with a significant amount of uncertainty around JLR and a new boss that is currently assessing it's future, my suspicion is that they are holding off on releasing new models, pending a decision Thierry.
Yeah, it’s that decision that worries me. 😒

·
Registered
224 Posts
Was at dealer on the 5th of January, and they had no I-Pace in stock.
I was also concerned as to what's going on.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are no stocked MY21 i Pace for sale in Australia at present. I have 3 JLR dealers within a 200km radius from where I live and two of those have sold their demonstrator vehicles so can't even offer a test drive. The third dealer hasn't bothered to return my call requesting a test drive! There are however plenty of demonstrator vehicles (mostly 2019 cars) for sale from dealers around the country at high prices. It's not very encouraging but not entirely surprising as Australia is a complete backwater when it comes to electric cars. When I bought our i3s BEV two years ago my local BMW dealerships were also mostly uninterested in pursing a sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
UK here, ordered a HSE in October, still no delivery date.
Ordered mine beginning of October. Initially, delivery was planned mid February, then end of January and to my surprise, I got notified 10 December that it was ready for pick up.
So very weird that you do not even have a confirmed date yet if you ordered around the same time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are however plenty of demonstrator vehicles (mostly 2019 cars) for sale from dealers around the country at high prices.
The reluctance of dealers in Canada to offer discounts suggests to me that they must really like them and don't want to see them leave the lot. One dealer was (until recently) asking the original list price for a 2019 HSE, described in the ad as "new" but with 25,000 km (16,000 mi) on the odometer.

·
Registered
266 Posts
The reluctance of dealers in Canada to offer discounts suggests to me that they must really like them and don't want to see them leave the lot. One dealer was (until recently) asking the original list price for a 2019 HSE, described in the ad as "new" but with 25,000 km (16,000 mi) on the odometer.
Weird. I got about 10% of the build price on 2020 15 months ago off the lot. I get the impression Canadian dealers don't want to sell these. They are a rare site in Oakville. I'm seeing Taycans several times a week.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Weird. I got about 10% of the build price on 2020 15 months ago off the lot. I get the impression Canadian dealers don't want to sell these. They are a rare site in Oakville. I'm seeing Taycans several times a week.
A friend bought a '19 First Edition from Budd's in Oakville a bit more than a year ago and got a decent deal, but you are correct, insofar as after that sale Budds stopped offering the I-Pace (other than as a special order I presume). I heard from several dealers and it appears that of the seven dealers in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area for those not from around here) it seems that six are finished with the I-Pace. I've yet to speak to the seventh, but I'm guessing that they too are bailing on the I-Pace. Perhaps not surprising given that between December 2019 and December 2020 I-Pace sales in Canada declined by 89%.

Of course, compared to the Tesla the Jag has a bit more sophistication and elegance, however when Porche entered the game the Jag's monopoly on snob appeal vanished, and I see that in December the Taycan outsold the I-Pace by 38 to 1 (which is why you're seeing so many of them).

Audi's Etron outsold the Jag by 23 to 1, and the Model X (which I test drove and hated) outsold the Jag by 17 to 1. The Model 3, by the way, outsold the I-Pace by 270 to 1.

I don't know know why it's happening because I've driven the car and loved it. But as the former owner of two Saabs I fear what will happen to support and resale value if JLR walks away from the car in Canada, which now seems quite likely.

BTW, the sales numbers come from the Good Car Bad Car website (which tracks sales and is a very interesting read).

·
Registered
266 Posts
A friend bought a '19 First Edition from Budd's in Oakville a bit more than a year ago and got a decent deal, but you are correct, insofar as after that sale Budds stopped offering the I-Pace (other than as a special order I presume). I heard from several dealers and it appears that of the seven dealers in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area for those not from around here) it seems that six are finished with the I-Pace. I've yet to speak to the seventh, but I'm guessing that they too are bailing on the I-Pace. Perhaps not surprising given that between December 2019 and December 2020 I-Pace sales in Canada declined by 89%.

Of course, compared to the Tesla the Jag has a bit more sophistication and elegance, however when Porche entered the game the Jag's monopoly on snob appeal vanished, and I see that in December the Taycan outsold the I-Pace by 38 to 1 (which is why you're seeing so many of them).

Audi's Etron outsold the Jag by 23 to 1, and the Model X (which I test drove and hated) outsold the Jag by 17 to 1. The Model 3, by the way, outsold the I-Pace by 270 to 1.

I don't know know why it's happening because I've driven the car and loved it. But as the former owner of two Saabs I fear what will happen to support and resale value if JLR walks away from the car in Canada, which now seems quite likely.

BTW, the sales numbers come from the Good Car Bad Car website (which tracks sales and is a very interesting read).
I bought mine from Budds, probably the last 2020 they had. Metrowest had a black 2019 first edition. They were willing to wrap it in whatever color I wanted plus a similar discount to Budds. I looked at the Etron and found it a bit 'vanilla'. I'm sure its a fine vehicle but didn't wow me. It must be attracting buyers looking for more utility than sports car, or the Audi brand is more trusted? The ipace specs beat the Etron across the board except charge rate and cargo capacity. I can't figure out why the ipace sales are so poor. If I do buy out at the end of my lease I worry there won't be enough service experience or parts for the future.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
565 Posts
I bought mine from Budds, probably the last 2020 they had. Metrowest had a black 2019 first edition. They were willing to wrap it in whatever color I wanted plus a similar discount to Budds. I looked at the Etron and found it a bit 'vanilla'. I'm sure its a fine vehicle but didn't wow me. It must be attracting buyers looking for more utility than sports car, or the Audi brand is more trusted? The ipace specs beat the Etron across the board except charge rate and cargo capacity. I can't figure out why the ipace sales are so poor. If I do buy out at the end of my lease I worry there won't be enough service experience or parts for the future.
I feel your comparison of the I-Pace with the other vehicles explains the difference in sales numbers. The etron is designed as a SUV, and as such behaves, drives and is bought as one. Same for the Taycan - a fast sports car. As I-Pace forum members we probably have a different outlook on ownership - smooth drive, comfort, build quality - compared to the average EV owner. Too often these days sales numbers reflect nothing about a product other than the marketing and the gullibility of potential buyers.
Bottom line is each appeals to a different demographic and/or price range. Just so happens the demographic more inclined towards the I-Pace is less populous in North America.
Regarding resale and service: I don't plan on selling anytime soon, and so long as JLR still sells in the rest of the world parts will be available.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts