Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only done 10,000 kilometres in our 2019;i pace . At servicing the other day. I was were told that our 22 inch tyres need changing because of wear. This seems very low mileage for what would be a very expensive tyre change. What have other i pace owners found with tyre usage? Thanks Paul

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have only done 10,000 kilometres in our 2019;i pace . At servicing the other day. I was were told that our 22 inch tyres need changing because of wear. This seems very low mileage for what would be a very expensive tyre change. What have other i pace owners found with tyre usage? Thanks Paul
I'm at 17.000km right now and my (20inch) Goodyears feel fine to me.
I'm no tyre expert, but visually they also look OK, with plenty of tread depth left. Currently it feels like I could definitely get another 17.000km out of them.

Personally, I drive fast with a lot of hard accelerations etc., but I bought the car used and only the last ~2.500km are mine. So maybe the previous owner was extra careful, I have no idea.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
306 Posts
I always found that very low profile tyres tend to wear much faster, about 7k miles was pretty much par for the course with my old GTR, in part because they tend to start with less tread depth than deeper profile tyres

So for a car with 22" driven none to gently this feels about right to me but others who have 2" wheels are better placed to comment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 22” Pirelli’s have 13k miles on them and will be at the wear bars in probably 2k more miles. 10,000 km doesn’t sound right unless your alignment was out and caused uneven wear. It is a fast and heavy car which is the wrong combination for long tire life unfortunately

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am at 28,000 kms and am still on the original 22’s. Was in for service and they recommended changing them, but they aren’t at the wear bars yet, so take their recommendations with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In my experience with Pirellis, they also tend to "howl" quite a bit with increased road noise as they get closer to the end. More and louder howling means the end is getting closer......!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I-Pace HSE on 22" wheels & original tires at 20000mi.(~32000km)(with a few thousand left on the front tires, the rears have more). My Ford Focus electric had slightly harder tries on it (than the I-Pace) that would wear out like clockwork at 17000mi. I make the same trips now, that I did with the Ford. I have done very little hi speed freeway driving with the I-Pace. Just like the Ford taught me, pedal to the floor when taking off and why should I use the brakes on an electric car with a lack of body roll(exception: my wife is in the car)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts