Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Type2 Charging

10K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  WattAJag 
Yes charging is a bit odd on the IPace. Too many sequences or positions and the charging stops. Almost like it does not want to charge.
My Schneider EVSE has a delay function that does not work with IPace. Worked fine on LEAF and RAV4
Why does Ipace stop charging when I want to just reach in and grab something.
I charged for 90 minutes last night with a manual stop as I did not want a full charge. Was to give another 30 minutes this morning (at home) and no go. Lame.
Is there an option to NOT lock the cord? Makes plug sharing at work difficult.
Public CCS by my house seems to operate but not with my Ipace (EV Pump). Electrek also had trouble with CCS provided by Electrify America.
All this leaves me constantly guessing what will work and what will not.

This primary function has just not received the attention it needs. Seems this could be very unreliable on the road.

My Schneider charger works every time with my I-Pace. I just plug it in, it goes "clack" and the light blinks green.

If I hit the "hour delay" button a few times, it starts in a few hours. The biggest problem I have is that I want it to stop at 75-80% - and I have to be awake and have Alexa remind me.
Do you select the delay before or after you set the plug in the car?

- doesn't start charging if the plug had no power when it was plugged in initially (and is subsequently powered up)
I am thinking that might be the issue with the Schneider delay. Needs to start charging and then hit the delay for the hours needed.

Generally I want immediate charge away from home as I do this most every day. Only charge at home when necessary and could be a few weeks or a month so IPace timer does not have a good fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.