1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
94 Posts
Did anyone notice the tidbit of information in the Slashgear video.

At about 6:04 in the video he mentions that capacative phone charging will be available in the open area under the lower touchscreen 'after launch.'

Ideas on what 'after launch' means?

·
Registered
112 Posts
"After Launch" = "Software not done yet"
Wow, MotorTrend rips into the charging problem... which is true when you don't have Super Chargers by the dozen...

I still can't wait to drive this thing!
Does anyone have a diagram of the motors/diff/shaft though the motor? I want to know how/where they placed things to make that happen.

thanks

Is this accurate? 60-100 takes 0.3 seconds...? somehow.. I don't think so

"It means that, despite the I-PACE being no particular lightweight at 2,193kg (4,784 lbs.), the electric motors can propel the car from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds. The sprint from 0 to 100 mph can be achieved in as little as 4.8 seconds." - SlashGear

·
Registered
112 Posts
"A state-of-the-art heat pump and heat exchanger system can convert thermal energy to power, for instance, charging the battery from waste heat. According to Jaguar, the system can convert 1 kWh of heat to 2.5kWh of electrical energy, in the process adding up to 50+ kilometers – or around 31 miles – of range. You don’t need to be toasting in the Serengeti to get the benefit, either: it’ll apparently work even in extremely cold weather conditions, and can even harness the waste heat produced by the battery pack itself." - SlashCrap

No, that's not how this works. that's not how any of this works.
A heat pump can MOVE heat at less energy cost than making heat. Thus you can pull the 'equivalent' of 2.5kWh worth of heat from the air outside, to heat the cabin, at a cost of 1kWh from the battery, but you can't "add miles" to the battery. Nor can you "charge the battery" from waste heat. (not in this context, or on this vehicle). UGH. So sick of misinformation. This is basic physics.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is this accurate? 60-100 takes 0.3 seconds...? somehow.. I don't think so

"It means that, despite the I-PACE being no particular lightweight at 2,193kg (4,784 lbs.), the electric motors can propel the car from 0 to 60 mph in 4.5 seconds. The sprint from 0 to 100 mph can be achieved in as little as 4.8 seconds." - SlashGear
No doubt they mean 100kph.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
0-100mph was tested at 10.99 seconds by an Aussie mag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts