Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

721 - 740 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tesla announced V2 of its Track Mode software for Model 3 Performance. Free OTA upgrade for existing owners. A slew of new features and customizations including:

• complete customizable control over F/R balance, stability control and regen level
  • cooling customization
  • g force meter
  • telemetry data recording
There is also a new $5500 hardware package with lightweight wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup semi-slicks, and racing brake pads and fluids.

Tesla and some of its customers are interested in more than just straight line performance.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Something is screwy at Tesla Automotive. Nobody seems to know where the cars are at, nobody responds to inquiries. I tried to buy an Inventory Model X last week was approved and given a VIN into my account, and suddenly they dropped off the face of the earth. Others are reporting similar experiences. Phone calls, emails, texts, online help, are all broken.

I am not surprised however. My Day One Model 3 order was a SNAFU also. But I thought an Inventory car at full MSRP would be safe, but that is not the case.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Something is screwy at Tesla Automotive. Nobody seems to know where the cars are at, nobody responds to inquiries. I tried to buy an Inventory Model X last week was approved and given a VIN into my account, and suddenly they dropped off the face of the earth. Others are reporting similar experiences. Phone calls, emails, texts, online help, are all broken.

I am not surprised however. My Day One Model 3 order was a SNAFU also. But I thought an Inventory car at full MSRP would be safe, but that is not the case.
They have more S/X inventory than Model 3s
There is a problem with X/S that might be related to AP. Many are experiencing this problem

Tesla is aggressively trying to sell Model 3s, SR & SR+. They call me a couple of times a week

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
OK, according to the Costa Mesa service center, the car arrived today. So "inventory" doesn't necessarily mean what it does with conventional dealers.

·
Registered
668 Posts
OK, according to the Costa Mesa service center, the car arrived today. So "inventory" doesn't necessarily mean what it does with conventional dealers.
Yes, but Tesla does have inventory too. The inventory lot off of Main & Gillette in Irvine, then they drive it to the Costa Mesa DC
They call it "match to order"

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Tesla is just horribly run.
The latest thing at Tesla is "Long Range Plus". So I bought a LR+ car last night. I asked two people before we arrived if it was a 350+ mile car. Both said YES it was fully updated. I arrived, and before we got into the car, two more people said YES, it was fully updated.

You can guess what is coming up. It was at ~265 miles range at about 89%. But I took delivery anyways since it has a 7 day, 1000 mi money-back guarantee. So I drove it home.

Spent 30+ minutes doing the 2020.4.x update, and 290 miles range.
Spent 30+ minutes doing the 2020 8.1 update, and 290 miles range.
So they lied about it being fully updated, it was on a 2019.x.x flash as delivered even with a Feb 2020 build date.

The paperwork all says LR+, the dash says LR+, the center display says LR+, but nobody told the odometer. I guess I'll run it down to 0 miles, fully charge it, and see what it takes, like I did with the I-Pace.

Sidebar - Regardless of what you might read, the OS in the Tesla is not stable. I had possession less than 3 hours before Black Screen™. It takes about 45 seconds to reboot when it crashes. All I was doing was reading the Owners Manual on the center display when it crashed.
The handling, performance, and ergonomics were exactly as I expected, that is, inferior. The price was $88k for a blue car with tan interior, 5 seats. It does have a tow hitch that comes with it, but it's not simple like American trucks. They claim a max vertical loading of 120lb. ??? There is more storage space as well. NVH is OK, but not at Jaguar specs. Coolest feature? You can drive with the rear camera on by saying "Show Rear Camera", and voilà no more blindspot. Some claim the "traffic mapping" on the dash does this, but they are absolutely 100% incorrect. It's not fast enough to be safely used as a blindspot checker.

·
Registered
62 Posts
The MCU in my Model S died the other day. It was replaced in October 2017, most likely a refurb. I can still charge and drive it, but have no climate control, making for a fun commute. Read that Tesla is allowing older models to upgrade to the newest MCU for $2500 which is cheaper than the older replacement. Problem is it won't be available until early next month and the service rep said even that is being generous. Thankfully my I-Pace will be here in a few weeks! Hoping to either trade in the Tesla as-is when my wife buys out her lease, or wait and get the upgrade then sell it. Can't wait to be done with Tesla.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The latest thing at Tesla is "Long Range Plus". So I bought a LR+ car last night. I asked two people before we arrived if it was a 350+ mile car. Both said YES it was fully updated. I arrived, and before we got into the car, two more people said YES, it was fully updated.

You can guess what is coming up. It was at ~265 miles range at about 89%. But I took delivery anyways since it has a 7 day, 1000 mi money-back guarantee. So I drove it home.

Spent 30+ minutes doing the 2020.4.x update, and 290 miles range.
Spent 30+ minutes doing the 2020 8.1 update, and 290 miles range.
So they lied about it being fully updated, it was on a 2019.x.x flash as delivered even with a Feb 2020 build date.

The paperwork all says LR+, the dash says LR+, the center display says LR+, but nobody told the odometer. I guess I'll run it down to 0 miles, fully charge it, and see what it takes, like I did with the I-Pace.

Sidebar - Regardless of what you might read, the OS in the Tesla is not stable. I had possession less than 3 hours before Black Screen™. It takes about 45 seconds to reboot when it crashes. All I was doing was reading the Owners Manual on the center display when it crashed.
The handling, performance, and ergonomics were exactly as I expected, that is, inferior. The price was $88k for a blue car with tan interior, 5 seats. It does have a tow hitch that comes with it, but it's not simple like American trucks. They claim a max vertical loading of 120lb. ??? There is more storage space as well. NVH is OK, but not at Jaguar specs. Coolest feature? You can drive with the rear camera on by saying "Show Rear Camera", and voilà no more blindspot. Some claim the "traffic mapping" on the dash does this, but they are absolutely 100% incorrect. It's not fast enough to be safely used as a blindspot checker.
Congrats on the new purchase

As far the EV drive train, do you notice a difference?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase

As far the EV drive train, do you notice a difference?
First, prepare to be disappointed in the range claim. 351 miles EPA, yields 20% SOC to go 58.4 miles or 292 miles with an easy foot. The Jaguar on this loop is 240 mi with the new flash driven the same way and speed. Note that it's harder to drive like a law abiding citizen in the Jag. The Tesla really doesn't reward a heavy foot on the freeway. Volts use 14 kWh to do this loop, but at a lower speed.

The accelerator curve mapping is different. The Tesla is more aggressive at <25% than the Jaguar and other EVs, so it "feels" quick, but does not actually accelerate as hard as the I-Pace.

You can certainly feel all the weight of the MX, it doesn't mask it well, and this is with the improved drivetrain and suspension. The Jaguar does not feel light by any means, but "feels" less of it's weight.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I really like the the X. Its very roomy on the interior, very different feel than the I-Pace
Im not a fan of the large windshield, but like everything else

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yeah, it is amazing they manage to do so well and have such high customer satisfaction considering that.

They're run like shit. According to a person I know who started in an exec position then left a couple weeks later after all sorts of stupidity.
According to all my experiences with the Solar City division.
Utter pain in the ass company. I mean, I should not have to call to say I have a problem then call to schedule the service visit to check the problem. Then call to check the status of the replacement. Then call to schedule the replacement. I mean, do they not have scheduling software? That's the least of the stupidity I've seen.

·
Registered
668 Posts
They're run like shit. According to a person I know who started in an exec position then left a couple weeks later after all sorts of stupidity.
According to all my experiences with the Solar City division.
Utter pain in the ass company. I mean, I should not have to call to say I have a problem then call to schedule the service visit to check the problem. Then call to check the status of the replacement. Then call to schedule the replacement. I mean, do they not have scheduling software? That's the least of the stupidity I've seen.
The script the fans use is this report (which is as accurate as Teslas EPA ratings) and Munro & associates.
Talk to the owners and it's a different story. Many are satisfied, but there are a lot that are not, especially with the solar division.

You have to book at an appointment for service with the app, can't even talk to a human, no loaners. People are tweeting the CEO to get service.
Also the lawsuits tell the true story.

Tesla used to have the best service in the industry, by far.
Shows they are capable, but it takes a whole lot of money to for post sales service

·
Registered
264 Posts
Tesla Q1 production and deliveries were reported after market close:
Production - 103K, up 34% YoY
Deliveries - 88K, up 40% YoY
While this is a WW figure, based on the 30K US deliveries in 1Q19 I estimate Tesla US sales increased 30%-40% YoY

Here is the Q1 YoY US performance for the rest of the automotive brands that have reported thus far:

Kia +1%
Mazda -4%
GM -7%
Toyota -9%
FCA -10%
Hyundai -11%
Volvo -12%
F -12%
VW -13%
Audi -14%
BMW -17%
Subaru -17%
Honda -17%
Porsche -20%
Nissan -30%

JLR and Mercedes plan to report US sales later this month when they report WW figures.

721 - 740 of 740 Posts