Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

When you experienced a 12v problem, was your car charging overnight?

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
However, in my case the dealership last week notified me that my problem was the dreaded "wiring harness" issue. "Patiently" waiting for a new harness at this point.

noooooooo!!! sorry to hear. it is a bear of a job but once done you are good, right............? good luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
And when I remember that the failure of the 12V batteries is virtually the ONLY issue of any significance that we've experienced, it's a reminder of how very much we enjoy our I-Pace. I mean we've owned Mercedes, Lexus, Lincolns, Corvettes, etc., etc., etc. and this is probably our favorite. We truly, " Luv this Kah!"

·
Administrator
3,154 Posts
And when I remember that the failure of the 12V batteries is virtually the ONLY issue of any significance that we've experienced, it's a reminder of how very much we enjoy our I-Pace. I mean we've owned Mercedes, Lexus, Lincolns, Corvettes, etc., etc., etc. and this is probably our favorite. We truly, " Luv this Kah!"
YES! Haha :LOL:
Knock on wood, I've not had the 12V issue yet, but I did have the traction battery issue and that led to the buyback. If Jaguar produced an equally capable machine a few years down the road (with the evolutionary progress you'd expect given the time) I would absolutely buy another one. The question is, can they pull it off ... aaaanyway, sorry about the tangent, this thread is about 12V issues!

·
Registered
64 Posts
We've, obviously, been very lucky. Here's hoping it continues! Of course, we only have a little over 10K miles on the I-Pace, and the longest RT we've made was less than 200 miles. I.e. We're, "Easy Riders." Ha!

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,008 Posts
What's so special about that? :unsure:

Original batteries just over 39,000 miles. That's nearly 63,000 km.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm at 35,000 miles on the original 12v batteries. They are starting to show their age in the hot Florida summer. The larger battery almost never reports in at higher than 13 volts and the smaller battery now sits at 80% whereas for years it was always at 90%. I have a two-year service visit coming up on Friday and I'll try to talk them into changing the batteries as a preventative measure under warranty; I don't hold out much hope on that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Premature 12v battery failure is due to inadequate charging prioritization. Jaguar fixed this in a software update but the other problem with older IPace cars is they are NOT taking the vehicle software updates!

if your vehicle software is not 20.2, you are not getting vehicle updates. JLR support says if the dealer entirely reloads and resets the software, the car will start taking OTA updates.

I don’t know if the 12v issue was solved after 17.2 or 19.2, but if you are on 17.2 I would guess your 12v batteries are at risk of damage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve never seen any 12V issues with my fleet of Leafs or my family’s Bolt EV.

It seems like its all the luxury EVs that have 12v issues. You know, the ones with all the bells and whistles that never go to sleep in you garage. And the cars that always get software and hardware updates which people seem to praise.

Ill stick with the simple cheap reliable EVs rather than drain my pockets to get a beta experience.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Premature 12v battery failure is due to inadequate charging prioritization. Jaguar fixed this in a software update but the other problem with older IPace cars is they are NOT taking the vehicle software updates!

I don’t know if the 12v issue was solved after 17.2 or 19.2, but if you are on 17.2 I would guess your 12v batteries are at risk of damage.
I dont know where you are getting this from but from what I have read and understand of the car, this is categorically incorrect.

I’ve never seen any 12V issues with my fleet of Leafs or my family’s Bolt EV.

It seems like its all the luxury EVs that have 12v issues. You know, the ones with all the bells and whistles that never go to sleep in you garage. And the cars that always get software and hardware updates which people seem to praise.

Ill stick with the simple cheap reliable EVs rather than drain my pockets to get a beta experience.

I love the non sequitur from the troll for the win! I whizzed by a Leaf on the highway going dangerously slow, obviously limping, with hazards on and lights looking very dim and sad - a precariously unreliable state to be in.... cheap cars break too!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I dont know where you are getting this from but from what I have read and understand of the car, this is categorically incorrect.

I love the non sequitur from the troll for the win! I whizzed by a Leaf on the highway going dangerously slow, obviously limping, with hazards on and lights looking very dim and sad - a precariously unreliable state to be in.... cheap cars break too!
Or "fiscally responsible", frugal EV owners miscalculate charging station distances as well...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts