Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indus Silver
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using this paid service for a few months. It uses Jaguar's I Pace API to collect data about the car. I originally subscribed because it provided a real-time link between the car and the online phone version of ABRP (A better route planner). This is helpful while using ABRP during a long trip (including on CarPlay). Tronity also collects and analyzes historical info. I thought I would share some of this in case it was of interest. Here are some screen shots stitched together into a couple of images:

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
731 Posts
Not being critical, but wondering about effective use of $$$'s. I had seen this previously and was doubtful as to how useful the data would be since I already keep track of charging and range data thru an .xls spreadsheet. Not sure I understand the battery degradation data.
How useful is the real time incorporation into ABRP? If we are being conservative on route planning and aiming for ~20-30% residual range on stopping to charge, does it make a big difference if we arrive at the charger at the lower end of this range? I can see that adverse weather might effect my anticipated range, but that is fairly simple mental arithmatic to adjust the speed or charging location.

Simple question: Would you pay for this if you drove an ICE?

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
While I don't pay for this...
The information is fun.
Lots of people track their exact gas mileage and gas costs.

My first thought was, "Cool!"

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
731 Posts
While I don't pay for this...
The information is fun.
Lots of people track their exact gas mileage and gas costs.

My first thought was, "Cool!"
Fun, yes. But, if paying for this I'd want "value for money". I pay for a lawn cutting service because cutting 2 1/2 acres is time consuming and unpleasant in the heat of Summer. Adding a few entries to a spreadsheet every week is not in that category. Apart from the "battery degradation" graph, I saw nothing that I don't already have.
I'll dispose of my disposable income in manners more beneficial to me.

As an aside, this service was touted as a means to evaluate long term battery degradation and encourage EV adoption. The same data could be provided by the car manufacturers in an anonymous manner w/o charging the owners. Mark one up for "free enterprise and marketing".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts