Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have made a quick spreadsheet that I think is useful for trip planning. (See Picture). I put in my real world range per battery % (which, my highway range is about 2 miles per % of battery, so I use 1.9 as a conservative number in the picture). Then, I enter legs of my trip and distances. It will start computing % used, and remaining battery % at arrival. Then, at stops with a charger, I enter what I want to charge back to, and what the KW speed of the charger is, and it computes the time at that charger. This lets me figure my extra time at chargers is and my arrival %'s. I'm using a version on Google sheets on my phone for doing it on the road.

If you'd like an excel or Google sheets copy, IM me with your email, and I will send it to you. (I will not email you with anything else, and I'm not making lists of any kind). If there's a way to attach a file here, I'm happy to do it, or let an administrator do it. No macros are in this spreadsheet.

Or, if you want to build it yourself, here are my formulas:

C5 =IF(B5>0,B5/$B$1,"") --- Copy this down 15 rows.
D5 =IF(B5>0,B2-C5,"")
G5 =IF(AND(B5>0,E5>0,F5>0),(E5-D5)/(100*F5/$E$1)/24,"") --- Copy this down 15 rows.
D6 =IF(B6>0,MAX(D5,E5)-C6,"") --- Copy this down 14 rows.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for posting this spreadsheet! I used it on a recent trip and it was very accurate! A very handy tool. :smile2:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have made a quick spreadsheet that I think is useful for trip planning. (See Picture). I put in my real world range per battery % (which, my highway range is about 2 miles per % of battery, so I use 1.9 as a conservative number in the picture). Then, I enter legs of my trip and distances. It will start computing % used, and remaining battery % at arrival. Then, at stops with a charger, I enter what I want to charge back to, and what the KW speed of the charger is, and it computes the time at that charger. This lets me figure my extra time at chargers is and my arrival %'s. I'm using a version on Google sheets on my phone for doing it on the road.

If you'd like an excel or Google sheets copy, IM me with your email, and I will send it to you. (I will not email you with anything else, and I'm not making lists of any kind). If there's a way to attach a file here, I'm happy to do it, or let an administrator do it. No macros are in this spreadsheet.

Or, if you want to build it yourself, here are my formulas:

C5 =IF(B5>0,B5/$B$1,"") --- Copy this down 15 rows.
D5 =IF(B5>0,B2-C5,"")
G5 =IF(AND(B5>0,E5>0,F5>0),(E5-D5)/(100*F5/$E$1)/24,"") --- Copy this down 15 rows.
D6 =IF(B6>0,MAX(D5,E5)-C6,"") --- Copy this down 14 rows.

Just use this web site. It's great.
https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just use this web site. It's great.
https://abetterrouteplanner.com/
I had originally planned routes charging to the max and trying to go as far as possible between charges. After trying this website, I realised that more frequent charging stops avoiding the slow 80-100% charging periods was actually faster. A useful trick when on the highway with frequent L3 charging options.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am working on an advanced version of my Google Sheets. One with scripts that can poll your car's mileage & charge just like WattCat does. (Using their documentation to write Google Scripts). I have it written, and running a test drive this weekend.

But, basically, you plan your route with an assumed battery charge, a default highway 2 miles per % of battery charge - and list your legs/distances, and where you plan to recharge. And, it will estimate your battery % at each destination.

Then, you pick a command to start your trip, and it will record your actual starting charge & miles. And, periodically once in a while you select a command to poll your actual miles/charge and it will update the 2.0 default with what you're actually doing "today - and under these conditions", and it will update your destination %'s. You pick a different command off the list to "complete a leg", and also "I just charged" - and it will get the actual miles and charge at the destination points and recompute the expectations for further legs. This app should work on ANY phone, and for any I-Pace.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am working on an advanced version of my Google Sheets. One with scripts that can poll your car's mileage & charge just like WattCat does. (Using their documentation to write Google Scripts). I have it written, and running a test drive this weekend.

But, basically, you plan your route with an assumed battery charge, a default highway 2 miles per % of battery charge - and list your legs/distances, and where you plan to recharge. And, it will estimate your battery % at each destination.

Then, you pick a command to start your trip, and it will record your actual starting charge & miles. And, periodically once in a while you select a command to poll your actual miles/charge and it will update the 2.0 default with what you're actually doing "today - and under these conditions", and it will update your destination %'s. You pick a different command off the list to "complete a leg", and also "I just charged" - and it will get the actual miles and charge at the destination points and recompute the expectations for further legs. This app should work on ANY phone, and for any I-Pace.
Wow, wow! What a ton of work, eh? This will be a very useful tool. Thanks, WattAJag!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts