Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 27K or so miles and over 2 years of ownership, this finally happened. I got the Traction Battery Fault, the Brake Pedal warning and my car suddenly started shuddering and went to complete stop while driving. Hoping this is because of the 12v battery. I checked WattCat and it said it is 15v so I don’t know 🤷🏽‍♂️. I know this has happened to a lot of I-PACE owners.
Vehicle Hood Speedometer Automotive lighting Automotive design
Motor vehicle Grey Automotive design Personal luxury car Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive design Steering wheel Automotive lighting Speedometer

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,325 Posts
15v indicates the charging process was operating. The DC-DC converter was charging the 12v batteries, or at least it was trying to. The battery/batteries may have failed, the faults triggered, and then the charging engaged. Check it later to see if it drops to a normal 13.x reading. Use a good volt meter on the batteries to get a reading if you can.

You will note that it is labeled as "auxiliary" battery in WattCat. That would be the smaller one. We don't get a value for the larger starter battery that also drives a lot more.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
15v indicates the charging process was operating. The DC-DC converter was charging the 12v batteries, or at least it was trying to. The battery/batteries may have failed, the faults triggered, and then the charging engaged. Check it later to see if it drops to a normal 13.x reading. Use a good volt meter on the batteries to get a reading if you can.

You will note that it is labeled as "auxiliary" battery in WattCat. That would be the smaller one. We don't get a value for the larger starter battery that also drives a lot more.
Dropped if off at the dealer to have them sort it out. In addition, my A/C compressor started acting out again and stopped blowing cold air when it was over 91 two weeks ago. It hasn't acted out again with color temps but I want them to check refrigerant level. And it may be related to auxiliary battery - the memory on my seats is wacko and doesn't seem to keep lately.

·
Registered
447 Posts
The JLR API labels its only battery parameter as "BATTERY_VOLTAGE", and I don't think anybody did a valid correlation between this value and startup or auxillary battery. Could be an average value between the two , as well.

For those who wants the raw data from the API , use this page : https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
So after 27K or so miles and over 2 years of ownership, this finally happened. I got the Traction Battery Fault, the Brake Pedal warning and my car suddenly started shuddering and went to complete stop while driving. Hoping this is because of the 12v battery. I checked WattCat and it said it is 15v so I don’t know 🤷🏽‍♂️. I know this has happened to a lot of I-PACE owners.
View attachment 6064 View attachment 6065 View attachment 6066
View attachment 6064 View attachment 6065 View attachment 6066
I had the exact same issue right almost 2 years after purchasing the car new. It was indeed one of the two 12V batteries that needed replacing. It took a few days for the dealership to get this special battery, Once installed the car has been perfect since.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve had this error three times. First time they replaced the small battery, second the large. Third time there was a harness unit, which was what another poster indicated was what solved their similar issues. What I suspect is that there was a reoccurring short. I’m about 150 miles into the third “fix” so no idea if it will stick.

My iPace has only 6k miles. I’ve hired a Lemon Law lawyer, and greatly disappointed as I love the vehicle when it works, but I have little faith that Jag will get it right and I need something that’s reliable.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Most of 12v battery problems are solved with module update. Changing the battery is just a plaster, and the problem will get back soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts