Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m not sure where to post this. My incident is a spiraling story. Presently I‘be been waiting for the dealer to call me back about my non-moveable car. I’ve searched the forum for help on towing and there’s not much on here. What is here is scattered out. But with a search and a couple hours I think I’ve found most everything that pertains. The parking release hidden from the owner sucks. So thank you ipaceforum and members. But my emergency brakes won’t release. Guess I’ll start another post under that. Anyway, I believe I don’t have any 12 volt auxiliary batter power. Not enough anyway to open doors or windows and the charging port. So even though I’m next to a charger level1, I can’t get it to charge.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
Download the Jaguar iGuide app. Search for ""Unlocking the vehicle". It describes how to mechanically unlock the car if you need to.

That should get you into the car and you can mechanically release the hood/bonnet as described above.

Once you have that open, remove the trim panel behind the storage area (two phillips head retainers).
Get a 12V battery charger or a jump from another car on the large battery you can easily see.
This should provide enough voltage to unlock everything.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Download the Jaguar iGuide app. Search for ""Unlocking the vehicle". It describes how to mechanically unlock the car if you need to.

That should get you into the car and you can mechanically release the hood/bonnet as described above.

Once you have that open, remove the trim panel behind the storage area (two phillips head retainers).
Get a 12V battery charger or a jump from another car on the large battery you can easily see.
This should provide enough voltage to unlock everything.
Thanks for your help. I found that earlier but the jump wouldn‘t let me get the emergency brake released. So I took the battery out and had a trickle charge put on it for a couple hours. Put it back in car and it allowed me to release emergency brake and push it. It also allowed my level 1 charger to initiate but then it went into fault. So back on the tow truck again, this time to the dealer. And guess what it’s taking the charge from their level 2. Not sure why the level 1 wouldn’t work.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
830 Posts
Faulty level 1 charger? Did you take it to the dealer and have them try using it there (assuming it is the charger that came with the car)?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Did not, just plugged into level 2. I have a level 2 in my garage but the flat bed tow truck was going to have some difficulty backing into my driveway. So I had him drop it at my neighbors, who only had 110 available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts