Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the towing conversations I've found have been because the ipace isn't functioning. I'm curious on the best way to tow a perfectly functioning one 2000 miles because we're moving. I'm assuming flatbed trailer. Anything else I should be aware of? If this is a stupid question, please be nice. I'm new to all this & just want to make sure I don't break my car or have it fly off a flatbed while in transit. :oops:

Thanks in advance for any insight or suggestions!
hh1015

·
Super Moderator
2,692 Posts
Haven't done it myself, but yes flatbed. Over those distances I'd use a flatbed regardless of drivetrain (except maybe if you're an RV person towing a Jeep beater).
As far as a car flying off a flatbed ... won't happen if you've got it tied down correctly.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Definitely is not a stupid question with the I-Pace. Usually the I-Pace's brakes lock when the car is off. Your car has to be able to be turned on to unlock the brakes. This is the reason most tows with a disabled (electrically) I-Pace require a lift that will get the I-Pace off the ground so it can be moved to the trailer, or lots of grease under the tires to slide it. Your tow seems to be straight forward. You can't use a 2 wheel dolly to tow it.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,325 Posts
You might look into a car hauling service. A search of the internet will find you many. It would cost several hundred dollars Call/email several of them for prices and availability for shipping from origin to destination. Also decide if you'd like it hauled enclosed or not.

If you're using a professional mover using a semi, they might be able to carry it in their load. Past moves that I have done have included 1 vehicle to be carried that way. If you do this, pack stuff inside it too; don't leave it empty taking up valuable space. Of course, the weight of the vehicle adds to the weight they are moving. Calculate that cost and compare to rates quoted from car hauling services.

U-haul will tell you that their flat bed car trailers will not carry an I-pace. I don't know about other rental vendors.

An RV dealer/renter may be able to offer suggestions too.

Have someone drive it for you and then buy them an airline ticket back?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts