Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear I-pace forum,

Hopefully I an going to own an I-pace quite soon :) - does anybody know which brand is the OEM/recommended tow hitch?

Could it perhaps be the model from Brink with EAN no. 8712762066751

/Torben

·
Registered
112 Posts
It is a Brink, but Brink will not sell you one and it is not listed on Brink's website. In the US most cars have a receiver hitch to allow changing to many towing options. The Brink does not support a receiver hitch. Jaguar does support a receiver hitch on their E-Pace and the frame rail boxes are almost the same distance apart as the I-Pace's frame rails. The similarities end there. See this post:
Towing Hitch not available for North America #13 & #18

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
It looks like it has other uses for... oh never mind. I'm bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thank you for the feedback... got some more knowledge about the Jaguar world :) and yes it seems that Brink has a separate OEM tow hitch (Brink 5961) as mentioned by Trielectric.
An thank you for the link to the "European" I-pace forum :)

Just a small followup question, the installation guide emphasize not to use the Jaguar Land Rover Approved Diagnostic Equipment. Does that mean some other tool is required? or is no programming/software configuration required?

·
Registered
46 Posts
It looks like it has other uses for... oh never mind. I'm bad.
Reading this on my phone, so the build-up caused by first clicking the picture and then rotating my phone added to the payoff!

Reactions: jsimon7777

·
Registered
112 Posts
It seems like I remember something about the European cars getting a software change after installing the hitch. I suspect the diagnostic software is for the lighting and the suspension. I hooked directly up to the hitch wiring coupler inside the rear trunk area like it said to in the installation manual. I have led lights on my trailer and they glow faintly when the coupling is hooked up with the car off. When the car is on they do not have the faint glow with the lights off. I imagine this could kill the 12 volt batteries after a week or so sitting and the harness hooked up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts