Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I wanted to see if my car had the latest software update (with extra range) and asked my dealer to check - JLR Singapore.
He claims there is nothing for my car.
Registered on topix and see a few campaigns outstanding for my VIN include H264.
Does this mean my car is way behind on updates?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the straight response. I have had the car since Sep 2019. The infotainment software version though did an OTA update with version showing as S20A_20.16.5-536345
Sent you the VIN details by PM.

·
Super Moderator
2,104 Posts
Hmmm, that's weird. OTA works so somebody must have flipped some switch unless Singapore is different. Anybody have any ideas here? Can SOTA be enabled without having had H264?

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
293 Posts
Yes. SOTA worked for me prior to H264 (with some help from a different dealer I was able to SOTA update from 19A to 19B soon after it was available).

·
Registered
582 Posts
I don't think H264 will get updated via SOTA. Your car is fine without it. When you schedule your first regular service bring the Topix print with you and get all done at the same time.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Style 1020 Gloss Black Wheels
52 Posts
I believe there is a known bug in telematics 16.2 where for certain versions of InControl (19C?) the check for updates button is broken. I wonder if perhaps your TCU was updated as part of H264.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to update, the dealer now acknowledges there are outstanding campaigns for my car, and will do the software update. He says this is the 1st time they are doing it. Also claims there was no outstanding campaign when he checked last time(before my screenshot), I let him slide on that.

I am now chasing Wearnes for another issue related to availability of incontrol remote in Singapore. Again dealer claims that SG does not have it available, but Singapore is listed now as a supported country on incontrol website. And my screenshot when I try to add my VIN on incontrol says "This vehicle has no subscriptions"

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another followup, my car went into the dealers and they said they updated the software.
However on topix H264 still shows as an outstanding campaign.
It certainly seems like the car is driving better, though initial range at 100% is indicated as 370km.. which is actually lower than it used to indicate before.
Is there any way to confirm that software has been udpated?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
669 Posts
Go to where you can get/see SOTA. Scroll down to see the BECM software version. If you have a TCU software level that shows a value, the BECM software level should start with BP.

I have had to go to this display, back out and then re-enter it again occasionally to see values. My TCU level is 18.2. Early TCU versions (14.2 for example) do not show values for the TCU or BECM.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Another followup, my car went into the dealers and they said they updated the software.
However on topix H264 still shows as an outstanding campaign.
It certainly seems like the car is driving better, though initial range at 100% is indicated as 370km.. which is actually lower than it used to indicate before.
Is there any way to confirm that software has been udpated?
It takes a week or more for TopiX to reflect the recent changes. Try checking again next week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts