There has been so much negativity on this forum lately I want to try to turn the tide and encourage anyone enjoying their I-Pace to share tips and encouragement for those awaiting theirs, or considering purchase. Here are my Top 5:
1. DECLINE the heated windshield, or at a bare minimum, TEST DRIVE AT NIGHT, preferably in the rain and heavy traffic with lots of headlights. The nighttime visibility impact of those squiggly wires in the heated windshield is considerable at best, dangerous at worst. And you won't notice it during a daytime test drive.
2. Utilize the "light load" setting and set all tires to 37psi unless using the car to haul the entire family and luggage... the ride improves DRAMATICALLY with tires at 37 instead of the much higher dealer setting of 45/51 (done to prevent 'flat spots' on tires during transport).
3. Use the keyfob to unlock the car as you approach... this initializes the software, expedites startup times, and helps prevent some of the issues that might arise from engaging the car DURING boot-up instead of AFTER it.
4. Use "low" regen at first, unless you want friends/family (who all want a ride right when you get it) to perceive you as an inexperienced driver... one-pedal driving with high regen takes some practice to avoid neck-jerking, drink spilling, back and forth acceleration/deceleration.
5. Don't be overwhelmed by the number of software configurations/settings - you'll learn/adopt them soon enough. Just drive the car for a week or two, then start experimenting. Did you know/use all the setting on your iPhone at first? No, but it didn't stop you from making calls!