Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
MY19, HSE, Yulong White Metallic, Siena Tan, 20", Black Edition, Pano.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We installed a plate mounted tollway transponder and it made a difference. There are too many tech signals flowing from the front of the car, in addition to the wiring within the wind shield. Mounting transponder proud of the car on the front plate enables the signal to be reached first. Toll gates open much quicker as a result.

Vehicle Car Tire Grille Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
137 Posts
we need to do this - we have a 50% success rate with our windshield mount it ez pass

We installed a plate mounted tollway transponder and it made a difference. There are too many tech signals flowing from the front of the car, in addition to the wiring within the wind shield. Mounting transponder proud of the car on the front plate enables the signal to be reached first. Toll gates open much quicker as a result.

View attachment 6106

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Fastrak around here uses cameras and monitors, so it doesn't seem to matter as long as the car is registered. Plus when it doesn't work, fewer annoying beeps.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,419 Posts
EZ-Pass also uses cameras as an alternative method to match license plate to account.
My EZ-Pass works just fine in the designated driver side upper windshield area the few times I've needed it.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,419 Posts
Also consider the age of the transponder. It's battery may be getting weak you've had it for a long enough time (like a Jaguar key fob ;) ).

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
379 Posts
I do the hold the transponder out the window option when I'm on a toll road, which isn't too often. So far, I haven't been able to get it to work on the designated windshield areas. I also have a new transponder. Thought about the roof glass as well, but that didn't work either.

GPS has also been an issue when the phone is "too close to the windshield" in the cup holder, although that seems to work better now for some reason. Maybe I'll try the transponder on the windshield again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts