Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had trouble at PA Turnpike with NJ EZ Pass Transponder not registering with I-pace. Had same issues on and off with 2017 F-pace. After reading F-pace manual page 97, lists exact location to mount transponder on windshield. Left Driver side or passanger side next to rearview mirror on dotted spot area is preferred. Any other location will have issues, because of heated windshield or solar attenuated glass. Or You can request licence plate mounted transponder if your state provides one. Lot of new generation cars have this issues due to HUD, heated windshield, cameras.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I know I have to hold transponder in dotted area by mirror or it won’t register abs I don’t have heated windshield. So it may be in the coating of glass.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well, my toll free carpool pass in WA state does not read when mounted, but I am going to try the left driver side where the heated glass matt is not showing. I do not see a dotted area to put the pass....

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Right behind the rearview mirror.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My E-ZPass tag on 2020 I pace is in the right place but sometimes it is not registering. I think just in case to be on the safe side the best way is to order the external tag that mounts to the license plate.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
My E-ZPass tag on 2020 I pace is in the right place but sometimes it is not registering. I think just in case to be on the safe side the best way is to order the external tag that mounts to the license plate.
I assume you have the heated windshield? Mine wreaks havoc with my car wash pass. There was no suitable place for it anywhere on the windshield or even the roof. I now just hold the pass out the window while pointing it at the sensors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I assume you have the heated windshield? Mine wreaks havoc with my car wash pass. There was no suitable place for it anywhere on the windshield or even the roof. I now just hold the pass out the window while pointing it at the sensors.
yes I do have the heated windshield:(

·
Registered
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
184 Posts
I installed mine one the recommended location on the left side of the rearview mirror, and it works properly. I've had no issues with it.

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
131 Posts
Thank you all for this! I suspected this was the case as my wife could not get into the parking garage w/ her RRS (heated windshield) or when she took my car. Then EZ-Pass bills from NY/NJ/PA (despite updating cars on EZPass).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts