Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just a curious question, but Iceland doesn't strike me as an ideal place for an EV. Last winter I was seeing 200miles to a charge, any estimates for an Icelandic winter?
The temperature in Iceland (especially on the coast in the south) is not extreme...temperature is usually about 40 and raining. Plus, they have quite a good charging infrastructure on the ring road that circles the country. It is an amazing country...I'd immigrate there if I could figure out a way to get in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
We did a week-long driving vacation in Iceland a couple of years ago, driving around the whole island (in a gas-powered vehicle). It's a beautiful country with more sheep than people once you get outside of the few towns.
Iceland also produces almost all of their electricity through hydro and geothermal power, but almost everything else on the island has to be imported. They've been building their own electric charger network as well.
So you have:
1. A small island without much need to drive long distances
2. All the electricity you can use from renewable, green sources
3. Relatively high gas prices
4. An electric charger network allowing you to drive around the whole island in an electric car

it's a pretty good formula to promote EVs.

·
Registered
608 Posts
We vacationed in Iceland 2 years ago. It’s an absolutely gorgeous & unique place. Although nobody asked for it, here’s a 4K HDR video I shot & edited while there (video is a hobby of mine). As Sciencegeek mentioned, most of the population resides in Reykjavik and they certainly do produce tons of renewable energy that’s made easier by the underground thermal activity, some of which I show in the video.

But did you go to the Penis Museum though?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts