Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Friend,

I am so happy that you bought my "old" I-Pace. It is an excellent vehicle and I hope you enjoy the Mars red leather seats, which I miss dearly.

It took the kitty a while to find its new home and I was concerned that nobody would ever want to take it in! Its journey took it from the dealer in Livermore, CA, to another dealer, in Walnut Creek, CA. Then it went to an auction house in Southern CA, where it was evidently purchased by a dealer in Alpharetta, GA. It sat in Georgia for a while and then it magically appeared in Portland, ME, near the port. This puzzled me. It was not driven then and it was not a dealer. But alas, a few weeks later it appeared magically in Reykjavik and it is being driven regularly by you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Best wishes,

Sciencegeek

·
Registered
802 Posts
Thats not unusual. My traded Ford Fusion hybrid wound up in the Middle East during which time I could still track it (which is how I found it wound up there). I could have remote started the car too! Likewise my traded Model S was still active on my app and I was able to see the new owner’s trips, speed, etc. There too the app would have allowed me to open windows, lock & unlock the car and toot the horn. I could have scared the sh*t out of the new owner, but I’m a nice guy. 😊

·
Super Moderator
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that blows my mind. I thought this was due to JLR's somewhat challenged software talent, but I guess they're in "good" company ...

Yeah, haha, setting off the alarm would be so much fun ... or unlocking it in the middle of the night. :devilish::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
684 Posts
When we returned our BMW M6 (lease was up), the app stayed active for a long time. It bounced around California awhile and then seemed to go to several auctions around the country. Sad, since it was a great car that went 3 years w/o a single problem!!

The whole app thing is pretty creepy, when a stranger could lock, unlock, turn on Climate, toot the horn.....Don't like this :-O

·
Registered
802 Posts
Wow, that blows my mind. I thought this was due to JLR's somewhat challenged software talent, but I guess they're in "good" company ...

Yeah, haha, setting off the alarm would be so much fun ... or unlocking it in the middle of the night. :devilish::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I can’t tell you how tempted I was, but my wife kept saying, “Don’t do it”. 😆

·
Registered
802 Posts
That's kinda creepy that somebody can keep tabs on a stranger's journeys.
It is. I had to call Tesla & Ford to have them remove me from the account. In the case of Tesla, for some reason there was a speed limiter placed on the car after I traded it. Every time the new owner would approach 50mph, I would get an alert that told me the car was approaching the limit! I had to disable alerts on the app until Tesla took me off the account.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
My Jaguar service technician knew I was monitoring the repair of my I-Pace by watching the doors, hood, etc., opening and closing while he was working on it and said he might trick me some day and continuously open and close various doors, trunk, etc. to drive me crazy. Then I reminded him that I could blow the horn unexpectedly while he was working around the traction battery. We then came to a common understanding.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
684 Posts
My Jaguar service technician knew I was monitoring the repair of my I-Pace by watching the doors, hood, etc., opening and closing while he was working on it and said he might trick me some day and continuously open and close various doors, trunk, etc. to drive me crazy. Then I reminded him that I could blow the horn unexpectedly while he was working around the traction battery. We then came to a common understanding.
HA ha ha ha. Just spit my coffee out!!!!!

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
6 Posts
This seems like a common issue with trade-ins. I just discovered that I have app access to my old Ford C-Max Energi. I can't say I miss the car that much, but I was happy to see that it found home in Georgia a few days after I traded it in for the I-Pace.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
848 Posts
Maybe you should take a trip to Iceland and personally invite the new owner to join the forum. :)
Obviously, you'll have no problem finding the car once you get there.

·
Super Moderator
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Been to Iceland once on a stopover to Europe to check it out for a day. Amazing place, would love to spend more time there when Covid stuff calms down. Which may be in a year or never depending on ourselves and our leaders.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
484 Posts
Just a curious question, but Iceland doesn't strike me as an ideal place for an EV. Last winter I was seeing 200miles to a charge, any estimates for an Icelandic winter?

·
Super Moderator
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Iceland is compact and the vast majority of the population is around Reykjavik, so mostly short distance driving. And I wouldn't be surprised if there is EV charging infrastructure in the outer reaches. They produce craptons of renewable electricity.

·
Registered
802 Posts
We vacationed in Iceland 2 years ago. It’s an absolutely gorgeous & unique place. Although nobody asked for it, here’s a 4K HDR video I shot & edited while there (video is a hobby of mine). As Sciencegeek mentioned, most of the population resides in Reykjavik and they certainly do produce tons of renewable energy that’s made easier by the underground thermal activity, some of which I show in the video.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts