Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

After 28,000 kms it appears that I need new front tires for my kitty. I was wondering if people have seen such dramatic wear on the shoulders of the front tires. The rears look like I can go another 28,000 kms but the fronts are toast. Do you think this is due to too much toe-in/improper alignment or are others seeing the same thing.

22” wheels with the Pirelli P-Zeros. Pics included. As you can see the rears look good. Is there that much front wheel bias from a traction point of view? I don’t drive too hard although I love to cane it along the occasional on-ramp. You would think the rears might wear out first.

On a similar note, do you find that if you are slowly turning in a very tight circle that you get a bit of driveline wind-up and pushing of the front wheels? Like they are pushing and sliding/lurching a bit? That’s what sort of has me thinking that the alignment isn’t great.

Timbo

Attachments

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
177 Posts
At first glance, I would say driving style (hard cornering). Underinflation could also contribute to that type of wear pattern. If it's neither, then I would suspect toe.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Are both fronts like that? It looks to be more than cornering as the middle are down to the wear indicators.

·
Registered
716 Posts
My front tires are more worn out than the back tires. I have the 20 inch wheels/tires. I rotated the front and back to even the tire wear.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Rotating extends life. Bad toe would do that. Underinflation would have wear on the inside too. Perhaps you plough through corners a lot?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do run the tire pressures at the ‘Light Load’ setting so that might contribute, but you would think the rears would suffer the same fate as they have the same pressure. I have it booked for an alignment on Friday so we will see what comes of that. I should probably just slow down a bit, but where is the fun in that? I don’t think I have driven a car that corners this well while being so comfortable at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts