Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just a quick question, what are you seeing in the way of tire wear on your I-Pace. Mine only has about 3,300 miles so to soon for me to tell. I was just curious how the super low center of gravity might affect tire wear. Any real world experience yet?

·
Registered
187 Posts
What wheels/tires do you have? My Goodyears on 20 inch rims have plenty of life left after over 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi all, just a quick question, what are you seeing in the way of tire wear on your I-Pace. Mine only has about 3,300 miles so to soon for me to tell. I was just curious how the super low center of gravity might affect tire wear. Any real world experience yet?
Had to replace the front tires at 18,000 miles. While the rear tires had a few thousand more left on them, I relaced them as well. The weight of EVs certainly affects tire wear. I got around 20,000 on my previous Tesla MS.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have about 23,000kms on my 22” Pirelli P-Zeros and they still look like they have a lot of life left. I am less than halfway I figure so I would estimate 40,000-50,000 kms. Not sure if others share my wear or not.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had to replace the front tires at 18,000 miles. While the rear tires had a few thousand more left on them, I relaced them as well. The weight of EVs certainly affects tire wear. I got around 20,000 on my previous Tesla MS.
Are you running yours at the low pressure setting or the normal setting? I would expect tire wear to be more on the low setting.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here is a pic of my 22” PZeros. I run at the light load low pressure setting of 37psi. Seems to be a lot of life left at 23,000kms

·
Registered
187 Posts
Goodyears on 20 inch wheels still in the green at 22,671 miles (36485 km). I keep the pressure between 38 and 41 psi cold.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Wear bars at 18k miles. But we live on a twisty road with a chip seal that tears tires apart. 20". On a normal road, we'd have gotten 40k. We also got an alignment done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts