Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any good estimates of when (mileage) to rotate the tires?

Also, do we rotate like a rear wheel? Straight back, and cross to front?

And, does anybody have the torque specs for the lugs?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But, the manual says nothing (that I could find and, the **** thing is written with so many side notes and warnings that it seems to abandon all pretensions to coherency) about how/when to rotate the tires. TIRE ROTATION and ROTATION are not in the index. And, I could find no reference in the manual in the sections about tires/testing pressure/replacing/etc ... about rotation.

So - does anybody know?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I worked for Bridgestone/Firestone as a mechanic for a number of years and we would recommend rotation every 3k - 5k miles, basically same time you did an oil change. For me personally I rotate every 5k. Follow rear wheel cross pattern for awd. Front wheels to back, LR to RF, RR to LF.
I also use a tire depth gauge to keep track of tread depth. If I notice some uneven wear, I rotate.
https://www.bridgestonetire.com/tread-and-trend/tire-talk/tire-rotation

·
Registered
1 Posts
It is easier in Norway where I live :laugh::laugh:

We have two sets and change them two times a year. I always measure the tread and put the best ones in front..

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
300 Posts
In the iGuide / Owners Manual, under “Replacement Tires”, there is a warning which says “Do not rotate the tires around the vehicle.” That’s the only mention I’ve seen of tire rotation in the manual, and that isn’t exactly clear on if it means no tire rotation at all, or just rotate front-to-back but not from left to right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
But, the manual says nothing (that I could find and, the **** thing is written with so many side notes and warnings that it seems to abandon all pretensions to coherency) about how/when to rotate the tires. TIRE ROTATION and ROTATION are not in the index. And, I could find no reference in the manual in the sections about tires/testing pressure/replacing/etc ... about rotation.

So - does anybody know?
Agree about the user manual!! Very hard to read.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just by feel of the wear bars on my tires, they're wearing fairly evenly after 13.6K miles.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just by feel of the wear bars on my tires, they're wearing fairly evenly after 13.6K miles.
Just curious - has anybody had to replace their tires, yet? How many miles should we expect from a set? EV's are notoriously heavy and accelerate quickly - both tend to be hard on tire wear.

P.S. I'm at 17.5K miles, and there's still 1 or 2/16th's of an inch above the wear bars.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just curious - has anybody had to replace their tires, yet? How many miles should we expect from a set? EV's are notoriously heavy and accelerate quickly - both tend to be hard on tire wear.

P.S. I'm at 17.5K miles, and there's still 1 or 2/16th's of an inch above the wear bars.
I would hazard a guess that I-Paces with the 22” summer P0 tires will wear a lot faster than the I-Paces with 20” & 18” all season tires. A good estimate can be obtained by looking at the tread wear rating of your tire. Also, the more aggressive you drive (donuts, McRat AutoXing, etc.), the faster you will burn your treads

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
829 Posts
The tire warranty pamphlet that came with mine has a page with a log that should be filled in. It is expecting tire rotation at 6 months/6000 miles/10,000km.

Would they deny a warranty claim is this is not done?

It also says "Tires supplied as Original Equipment are not eligible for any tread life warranty consideration."

·
Registered
105 Posts
I worked for Bridgestone/Firestone as a mechanic for a number of years and we would recommend rotation every 3k - 5k miles, basically same time you did an oil change. For me personally I rotate every 5k. Follow rear wheel cross pattern for awd. Front wheels to back, LR to RF, RR to LF.
I also use a tire depth gauge to keep track of tread depth. If I notice some uneven wear, I rotate.
https://www.bridgestonetire.com/tread-and-trend/tire-talk/tire-rotation

Rotating tires every 3 months is absolutely no needed and exposes the car to tire mechanics who are animals and could care less about climbing in your car dirty and greasy, drag a hose over your hood or let the wheels sit rim side down on concrete.

Mike

·
Registered
592 Posts
If the tread is wearing smooth and flat across the tread the rotation is overrated IMO. This would be more of a front drive mini van issue that wear the fronts at 4x the rate of the rears.
I expect to never do a tire rotation unless the dealer offers to do it free during a service.

And I agree... going in for service creates a lot of wear and tear on the vehicle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts