Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
ACC does seem to have the characteristics described of slowing down when the vehicle ahead changes lanes. It realizes that vehicle ahead *is* slowing down as it is changing lane (e.g. exit ramp or it is getting behind a slower moving vehicle in the other lane) and not fully out of the lane ahead of you. You can use the feature of decreasing the follow mode gap to relieve it a bit but it won't eliminate it.

I have let the ACC bring the car to a stop. It is a bit slow at getting the car moving again though. One does have to press the go pedal slightly to get ACC to start moving the car. However, this is a gradual acceleration that you'll find quite slow and annoying to anyone behind you, unless you're in a slow moving traffic situation. You can fix this with more use of foot on pedal until an appropriate speed is reached to allow ACC to take over.

·
Super Moderator
1,955 Posts
ACC does seem to have the characteristics described of slowing down when the vehicle ahead changes lanes. It realizes that vehicle ahead *is* slowing down as it is changing lane (e.g. exit ramp or it is getting behind a slower moving vehicle in the other lane) and not fully out of the lane ahead of you. You can use the feature of decreasing the follow mode gap to relieve it a bit but it won't eliminate it.

I have let the ACC bring the car to a stop. It is a bit slow at getting the car moving again though. One does have to press the go pedal slightly to get ACC to start moving the car. However, this is a gradual acceleration that you'll find quite slow and annoying to anyone behind you, unless you're in a slow moving traffic situation. You can fix this with more use of foot on pedal until an appropriate speed is reached to allow ACC to take over.
Those are exactly the behaviors I observe as well. In addition, ACC speeds up when you turn on the turn signal to change lanes. Slightly unsettling as well, but it makes sense and I have not had an issue with that behavior.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Those are exactly the behaviors I observe as well. In addition, ACC speeds up when you turn on the turn signal to change lanes. Slightly unsettling as well, but it makes sense and I have not had an issue with that behavior.
It's a clear lesson that despite the technology you can never relax. I'm pessimistic about full autonomous driving and believe that if it's ever introduced our driving skills will erode further than the low state it's already in. I follow airline accident investigations and a recent trend is for pilots to rely too heavily on technology and lack the necessary skills when problems occur.

·
Registered
567 Posts
sciencegeek you are correct about that additional speed up trait as it points the nose of car away from the slower car in front of you as you change lanes.

CurtSprings, I'm as pessimistic as you too. All the videos I've seen (but I haven't searched the internet) for autonomous driving tests haven't shown me a car going downhill on a curvy road covered by 6 inches (or more) of snow with ice on the actual pavement surface. Or even a flat road with some curves under like weather conditions. With or without traffic coming from the opposite direction. I can probably round up a few deer to volunteer to jump out in front of it too. They keep testing my reflexes and would welcome the opportunity to relocate them to someone else's testing grounds.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
CurtSprings, I'm as pessimistic as you too. All the videos I've seen (but I haven't searched the internet) for autonomous driving tests haven't shown me a car going downhill on a curvy road covered by 6 inches (or more) of snow with ice on the actual pavement surface. Or even a flat road with some curves under like weather conditions. With or without traffic coming from the opposite direction. I can probably round up a few deer to volunteer to jump out in front of it too. They keep testing my reflexes and would welcome the opportunity to relocate them to someone else's testing grounds.
I wonder how the I-Pace, Tesla and other cars with emergency braking or future autonomous driving would handle Saab's "moose test" on their old test track. Love to see videos of that! ??

·
Registered
958 Posts
I wonder how the I-Pace, Tesla and other cars with emergency braking or future autonomous driving would handle Saab's "moose test" on their old test track. Love to see videos of that! ??
The systems might make a moosetake.
It would be a Saab story.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Oh I see, you're not just some geek who knows these by heart and thinks it's cool to write the code? Haha, sorry! [img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/img]
Well, I am a geek but everyone is a geek about something....?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
[img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_devil.png[/img][img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_kiss.png[/img][img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/img][img= class=inlineimg]https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/images/I-PaceForum/smilies/tango_face_angel.png[/img][img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img][img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif[/img][img= class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

This website actually has its own emojis. Phone ones don't come through.
Holy carp, I've been doing it wrong since May and I just found out!!?? Thanks, guys! Lol. Now I have to find the site's emojis.... ?

·
Registered
958 Posts
holy carp, i've been doing it wrong since may and i just found out!!?? Thanks, guys! Lol. Now i have to find the site's emojis.... ?
.... .- ...- .. -. --. / - --- / -.. . .- .-.. / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. --- -.. . ... / .. ... / .. -. -.-. .-. . -.. .. -... .-.. -.-- / .- -. -. --- -.-- .. -. --. -.-.--

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
.... .- ...- .. -. --. / - --- / -.. . .- .-.. / .-- .. - .... / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. --- -.. . ... / .. ... / .. -. -.-. .-. . -.. .. -... .-.. -.-- / .- -. -. --- -.-- .. -. --. -.-.--
Thanks, jsimon. Now I get to slide out of my assigned domestic chores to look up these coded emojis. Nazis should have used these instead of the Enigma machine. Brits never would have decoded them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to the I-PACE

Hi,

I just bought an I-PACE First Edition. I have not yet taken delivery. I have two questions, both sort of related:

1. Did everyone get the time of day charging issue resolved? What is the recommended best way to do this?
2. I am considering not buying the ChargePoint; and instead have been considering the JuiceBox Pro 40A because
it would appear to be more future proof in terms of capacity as well as the outlet 14-50 is way more common.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Brad

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Hi,

I just bought an I-PACE First Edition. I have not yet taken delivery. I have two questions, both sort of related:

1. Did everyone get the time of day charging issue resolved? What is the recommended best way to do this?
2. I am considering not buying the ChargePoint; and instead have been considering the JuiceBox Pro 40A because
it would appear to be more future proof in terms of capacity as well as the outlet 14-50 is way more common.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Brad
Welcome to the forum, Brad. I hope your I-Pace arrives soon! I can't comment on Juicebox but it's a popular charger amongst the forum members. I use Chargepoint and use the exact same charge times for both the Incontrol and Chargepoint apps. I haven't had a failure since stumbling into this solution.

Once you pick up the car ask the salesman to show you how to set departure times as this feature is required to be "on" for timed charging to work. You'll also need to select timed charging to "on" on the goodbye screen when you last turn off the car on the days you want to charge.

Hopefully someone with Juicebox can give you a technique that works with this brand of charger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to the I-PACE

Thank you Curtis,

I am getting pretty concerned about the car that I have not yet taken delivery of. There seems to be a lot of issues including guys that have had their cars in the shop for months. How happy are you guys with this car? I was not expecting so many problems on such a small number of cars sold.

Please advise, Brad

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Thank you Curtis,

I am getting pretty concerned about the car that I have not yet taken delivery of. There seems to be a lot of issues including guys that have had their cars in the shop for months. How happy are you guys with this car? I was not expecting so many problems on such a small number of cars sold.

Please advise, Brad
I suspect you will get mostly positive feedback on this site, after all, it is geared towards the ‘fans’ of the car.

I will say to take the negative reports with a grain of salt and realize there is no way to extrapolate those reports into a reasonable estimate of the percentage of problems as a whole. As others will surely point out, the most vocal are bound to be those with issues, whether it is because they are seeking solutions or venting, by default of human nature, you should expect to hear the ‘complainers’ at a disproportionate level.

For background, I was in the first wave of deliveries in the US, picking my car up on 10 Nov 18, 2.5 days after it arrived at the dealer. I experienced the gamut of what I considered annoyances and disappointments, mostly software related, including the traction battery fault, blank screens etc. Because I wasn’t anywhere close to a dealer, I just ignored them and all of them proved to be self resolving.

My problem was the AC, which of course I didn’t discover was broken until late April when it finally warmed up. JLR wasn’t able to figure out how to fix it after several weeks and lost of parts, so they bought the car back from me. I didn’t get another I-Pace...

It is a very good car and I suspect the problem cars are a small minority.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Thank you Curtis,

Please advise, Brad
You're very welcome, Brad. To answer your questions, if I had found this forum before buying my car I might have purchased something else. The problems you read about are serious but I truly believe we're a small minority of owners and most bought early model cars. There are some hardware issues that some have experienced but most problems are software-related and Jaguar is slowly rolling out fixes.

I went through a number of problems that required 4 trips to the dealer and at one point my wife wouldn't drive the car and I wouldn't put my grandchildren in as passengers. That being said, and I'm probably jinxing myself again, the car is running great and I don't have any buyers remorse. There was only one hardware fix - broken charge port locking mechanism from me not understanding that I needed to press the unlock button on the fob three times because I had set dual-stage unlock. The other repairs were all software.

I think you'll be fine with the latest model and software. If you want a balanced look at other owner's experiences try the Facebook I-Pace page. There are many happy owners on it. I must admit that I was one angry owner but my dealership did a great job with my I-Pace and although I am tentative with my trust, I really, really like my car.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts