Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prior to the brake regeneration recall and infotainment update to 19A I was able to use the Chargepoint app to set timed charging. After the update with timed charging set on the app, the car would sometimes start charging immediately after plugging in the car and not stop until reaching 100% SOC. Sometimes it wouldn't charge at all. I also tried setting an I-Pace departure and timed charge along with setting a charge time in the app with no success.

The past few days I've had good luck by setting the exact same charge time in both the app and car. Of course I still must set a departure and then "On" to the goodbye screen timed charge option.
The departure day is for every Sunday at 8:00 but I still set departures for planned trips and successfully timed charge daily.

When I plug in the charging cable, the LED flashes white and not blue indicating that the Chargepoint app is controlling the timing and not the car.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I still cannot get the timed (read delay) charging to work correctly. My Time of Use rates begin at midnight, and if I plug in the chargepoint cable before then with a midnight start time set in the chargepoint app, the car never progresses from initializing to charging at midnight unless I cycle the door locks.

I have had luch doing the cycling by the in control app (very slow) to get it to start charging. But having it start by itself doesn't seem to work. anyone getting this to work and if so what conditions will it start to charge after a few hours delay after plugging in?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still cannot get the timed (read delay) charging to work correctly. My Time of Use rates begin at midnight, and if I plug in the chargepoint cable before then with a midnight start time set in the chargepoint app, the car never progresses from initializing to charging at midnight unless I cycle the door locks.

I have had luch doing the cycling by the in control app (very slow) to get it to start charging. But having it start by itself doesn't seem to work. anyone getting this to work and if so what conditions will it start to charge after a few hours delay after plugging in?
The past few days I've had luck with setting both the Chargepoint app and the car to the same charging time and selecting timed charge to "On" on the goodbye screen. The car has started to immediately charge once or twice but I use the InControl app to stop charging and when the scheduled time arrives the car will charge within the desired window.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: The car sat unused for a day and started charging right on time. I really believe that setting the charge time for both the vehicle and app is the trick - at least for Chargepoint.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For me, setting the start time in the car, and using the stop time in the ChargePoint app is best. With a planned departure the next day.

If the Chargepoint start time is set at a time before I plug in, it will start a trickle charge but won't begin full charging until the start time in the car. However if I don't use the Chargepoint time to stop things, it will ignore the car stop time and charge to 100%, going beyond my cheaper Time of Use rates.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have a run of the mill Level 2 EVSE and rely on the I-Pace's timed charging schedule. It has always worked for me. It even warns me on the InControl Remote app if there is not enough time to charge to 100% before my scheduled departure time.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a run of the mill Level 2 EVSE and rely on the I-Pace's timed charging schedule. It has always worked for me. It even warns me on the InControl Remote app if there is not enough time to charge to 100% before my scheduled departure time.
Prior to the update I could use the Chargepoint app but not the car. After the update I couldn't use either system until I set the same time in both. Weird.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ChargePoint has confirmed that the I-Pace fails to wake up for its scheduled charge period. JuiceBox also experiences the same problem. However, it doesn’t appear to affect all I-Paces. A forum contributor has found a simple work around, which I’ve adjusted for my use. Set the I-Pace’s destination time about 15 minutes after you want charging to begin. The I-Pace will wake up approximately 30 minutes before the destination time, which will allow ChargePoint to communicate with the vehicle. Charging terminates at your scheduled ChargePoint stop time. There is another thread on this same topic.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Three weeks of successful timed charging by setting the Chargepoint app and car to the exact same charging time. This includes allowing the car to sit for over 20 hours before next charging time. The I-Pace seems to engage with Chargepoint despite being asleep.
I set a repeating Sunday departure. Software version is: S19A_19.20.4-363281.

Except for the minor Creep issue, the infotainment is very stable. Profiles and custom home screens don't disappear, voice command works well with both the nav and connected music (iPod for me), Android Auto works well.

Now if we could fix the adaptive cruise control and blind spot monitoring..... I may report them to the NHTSA because of possible accidents.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Remind me, what problems are you having with ACC and Blind Spot Assist?
ACC will track a vehicle in the adjacent lane and if the other vehicle decelerates ACC will suddenly apply the brakes. Usually occurs when the other vehicle was in the same lane but moves over. Sometimes ACC will track a vehicle that was never in my lane at all. This phenomenon has occurred in both highway and city driving and I've almost been hit from behind.

Blind spot monitoring doesn't illuminate until an approaching car has already passed my rear bumper. I've nearly changed lanes into a vehicle in my blind spot. I've learned not to use the system.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
Remind me, what problems are you having with ACC and Blind Spot Assist?
ACC will track a vehicle in the adjacent lane and if the other vehicle decelerates ACC will suddenly apply the brakes. Usually occurs when the other vehicle was in the same lane but moves over. Sometimes ACC will track a vehicle that was never in my lane at all. This phenomenon has occurred in both highway and city driving and I've almost been hit from behind.

Blind spot monitoring doesn't illuminate until an approaching car has already passed my rear bumper. I've nearly changed lanes into a vehicle in my blind spot. I've learned not to use the system.
Bummer, I don’t have those issues. Both systems seem to work fairly well for me. Was the dealer able to replicate the problem? As far as I’m concerned, the AEB doesn’t work when compared to how it is depicted in the JLR video, however the dealer insists it works as designed...

·
Registered
957 Posts

For ACC, I haven't had that specific problem, but it doesn't surprise me. That'd be a hard situation for computer vision to track. If they changed the settings to stop such behavior, you'd probably lose the car in front of you far more often. A trade off. When a car does pull into the next lane, I suggest maybe pulling a little away to let the camera see the next car in front of you, or temporarily cancelling the system.

As for the BSM, they are not a replacement for mirrors and necks. You still have to visually check. They're more of a "hey, pay attention!" reminder. They're also useful when backing out in a parking lot.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Also a mismatch between customer expectation and the reality of driver aides is common. Especially for Tesla drivers.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For ACC, I haven't had that specific problem, but it doesn't surprise me. That'd be a hard situation for computer vision to track. If they changed the settings to stop such behavior, you'd probably lose the car in front of you far more often. A trade off. When a car does pull into the next lane, I suggest maybe pulling a little away to let the camera see the next car in front of you, or temporarily cancelling the system.

As for the BSM, they are not a replacement for mirrors and necks. You still have to visually check. They're more of a "hey, pay attention!" reminder. They're also useful when backing out in a parking lot.
I understand your points. I've owned other cars with ACC and blind spot monitoring that work great including a 2008 XJR (no blind spot monitoring) with great ACC. Saab and Ford seem to get the technology right. The I-Pace is the first to track cars once they leave my lane and it's locked onto vehicles never in my lane - usually larger trucks and on sweeping curves.

My I-Pace came with darkly tinted rear windows, the b-pillar is thick and rear visibility is less than optimal so BSM is a good tool in heavy traffic. Perhaps having the system on my last 4 or 5 cars has made me a little too reliant on it although I do look before changing lanes.

Dealer explained both systems as operating as JLR intended and I'm just used to previous car behaviors. I don't buy this explanation because if it's operating as intended, why have accidents nearly occurred.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
One possible explanation for ACC behavior vice my prior experience is I-Pace is designed to stop and then resume moving (follow mode) while my other cars would slow to 20 MPH and the driver would then intervene. This might require greater system sensitivity hence tracking vehicles in adjacent lanes. I haven't tested the ACC to a full stop yet but the dealer assures me that it works fine.

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts
One possible explanation for ACC behavior vice my prior experience is I-Pace is designed to stop and then resume moving (follow mode) while my other cars would slow to 20 MPH and the driver would then intervene. This might require greater system sensitivity hence tracking vehicles in adjacent lanes. I haven't tested the ACC to a full stop yet but the dealer assures me that it works fine.
The JLR system definitely doesn’t work as well as others I’ve used, but I find it works fine.

·
Registered
168 Posts

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. The I-Pace uses radar for adaptive cruise control and the cameras for lane keeping, pedestrian/bicycle detection, automatic high beams, and sign reading.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts