Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my rant thread.. It sounds like load times vary a bit for the car.

So, please post your time to fully load everything from the time you unlock the car door - to the point all screens are fully loaded AND you are able to hit the voice control button and get a response.

My results:

Unlock to screens fully loaded ~60 seconds
Unlock to screens loaded AND able to hit the voice button with a response ~104 seconds

I'm on 18D and 14.2

I'll be interested to hear everyone's results. Thanks for testing yours out too!

Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Your times seem way too long.

Can you post your exact sequence?
1. Unlock, with fob or button? Start timer.
2. Open door
3. Sit down
4. Press brake pedal?
5. Press start button
6. Wait for screen

Also, how close to the nearest AT&T cell tower are you?

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's my routine - I unlock with the button on the door. It takes me about 10 seconds to then open the door, get in, and hit the start button with my foot on the brake pedal.

Reception is so-so here but I'm on my wifi in my garage.

Either way, ATT reception shouldn't be a factor in the voice button starting to work.

Let me know what your car times as!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just went out, unlocked it and unplugged the charger. Got in and pressed start and started the stopwatch. It was 15 seconds to get all the screens up and another 5 seconds before the voice command would work.

So that is 20 seconds all in which isn’t bad. I wonder if the unplugging of the charger started the computer early? I have locked it all up and shut it off and will try it again from a ‘cold’ boot to see if it is slower in a few hours.

Tim

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, my car is unplugged in the garage.

Let me know what your time is when you try it unplugged. If everyone else is getting 20 seconds, that's very doable.

For the record, I've noticed this time everywhere I go. It's part of what's making it so challenging for me to use the nav when showing clients homes.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I was getting Longest times (from press start buttons to everything up 40 sec. Which kind of jives with your numbers. Sometimes it would take half of that. I will say I got updated (at the dealer ) to 18D and now it takes half as long. a very clear difference.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm on 18D... are you on 14.2 or 15.2?

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Let me know what your car times as!
Will do once I'm done with my Sunday coffee and paper :grin2:

While I agree it's not the likely cause I would try to rule out any connectivity issue: Disable the wifi and find a spot where AT&T reception is good.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I repeated 3 times. In all 3 instances I had all screens up in 12-15 seconds, but it did take a bit longer to get voice "beep" response. Fastest was 20 seconds, slowest took 50 seconds. FYI I'm still on S18C, 14.2.

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
Less than 20 sec for the screens. Didn't check voice as I don't use it. Also I don't have any profile set, only a personalized home screen (not tied to a profile). 14.2 and S18D.

Some possibilities are that your system is (1) looking for something it can't find due to incorrect install, (2) is stuck on some personal configuration that it times out of eventually, (3) has a connectivity issue where wifi and 3G can't figure out who is boss, or (4) has a defective piece of hardware such as a slow memory chip or some such thing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
This time from a ‘cold’ boot, it was about 20 seconds for all the screens to be up and about 50 seconds for voice control. That seems to be about the slowest I get typically.

Tim

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was going to try to edit this to add it to my first post, but couldn't find the setting?

At any rate, here is a video showing my cold boot time. Sorry for the dirty car and garage :)

·
Super Moderator
1,467 Posts
So the delay is not in screens coming on, it's having the dashboard loaded with media and nav. I don't do either of those on the dashboard (and don't use voice control) I so can't be helpful there. But your screens coming on is exactly the same as in mine; sometimes just a tad slower than what you're showing.

That said, media (which I control over the main screen) sometimes take a little bit to come on ... I suspect that the "routing" of media and nav to the dashboard just takes a while.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, sort of. If I had hit navigation on the main screen it would have told me nav was still loading.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't use navigation in my instrument cluster but timed the voice control button response, and it was about 80 seconds from when I hit the door open button to unlock the car. All screens and instrument cluster light up in about 25-30 seconds.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I could deal with 25-30 seconds for everything to get going. Not being able to use nav and such for over a minute is brutal in my line of work. I don't want to have to sit there like a putz while I wait for my fancy car to start up so I can tell it where we are going next.

I don't like having to make excuses for the car - oh yea, it takes longer to boot, but it's so fast, shiny and it's electric!

I just hope this improves.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, I've been doing that a bit more now. The problem is, then when I get in and plug in, it takes several blocks before Car Play decides to load and start showing me where I'm going.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I always put my seat belt on to chew up a few more seconds (and to prevent the unnecessarily IMMEDIATE beeps) before I press START.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I generally hit start, then put my seatbelt on, but doesn't seem to change much.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts