Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

First time posting here on the forum. I’ve been a leaser for 8 years and now I think it’s time for a purchase again thanks to COVID. This is the first offer I’ve received and I would have to either drive 5 hrs away or fly Southwest to get there so there’s that cost that needs to be added. I live in TX. I’ve had 2 i3s in the past and my ICE car lease is about to be done.

When I asked about the 0% financing, they said that they cannot give me this amount of discount if I go that route. I do have excellent credit so I hopefully should qualify for the best financing options.
What do you guys think of this deal?

Special shout to to member Bob O who has convinced me that I should feel more comfortable about pursuing this car vs. another EV.

Cheers,
Josh

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seems like a good deal for a new 2020. A few have probably received a better deal. Many paid a lot more. I would take the deal if it has the options you want and is the color you prefer.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The source of all the I-Pace info you'll need. 🙂
That said, the value of a car is a very personal thing. While others here have got better numbers for 2019's, the 2020's are running higher. To me this seems a good - not great - price. That said, this is not a car you should buy because you got a good price, but rather one you should want to buy because you want an I-Pace.
What options does it include? The HSE's are not all the same. Make sure it has what you want for the best driving experience.

·
Registered
116 Posts
You should be able to have the car shipped to you. I wouldn't want my first trip in a new I-Pace to be a 5 hour drive. But that's just me. And just FYI, it won't be a 5 hour drive in an I-Pace. You will have to stop at least once to recharge and the fast chargers seem to be very unreliable. You should be able to ship it for under $500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you all for the input.
I’m not sure exactly which options are on it, but I know it it Caesium Blue and has the 20” black wheels, black window trim (sorry for not knowing the package names) but not the black grille. For $86,XXX it has a few more things but I can’t tell. HSE trim stuff is generally good for us.
We like the appearance from dealer pics. Does anyone know of a VIN decoder that I can use to look up the options? I’m waiting on the dealer for a detailed sheet.

I just spoke to a local dealer that is sending me a 2020 deal sheet and a lease deal on a 2019 with buyout option at the end. More to come...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Josh - if you go to the Houston Jag North website , you can find the build sheet within “vehicle information packet”

Cheers

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
103 Posts
Seems like a pretty solid deal. While additional incentives or motiviation could materialize when the 2021s start to hit, you aren't likely to do significantly better than that in my opinion. Unless you score a demo vehicle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Agree - this one is is not a demo - less than 100 miles ? - and has been kept on dealers showroom a bunch

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
322 Posts
Deal sheet says 25 miles. I’ll ask about transportation. Here’s the build sheet. Thanks Bob O!
Options look pretty good to me, although just driving this car (options aside) is the best part of the I-Pace. Caesium Blue was my first choice, but I couldn't find one with a good deal when I was looking. (Although I'm loving the Firenze Red right now!) I also agree with @Qtown charger, that if you love the I-Pace, the final number and options won't matter too much. That smile will be on your face everytime you push down the "go" pedal.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
489 Posts
Deal sheet says 25 miles. I’ll ask about transportation. Here’s the build sheet. Thanks Bob O!
I'm jealous that was the car I was looking for 15 months ago. The caesium blue is a great color. I have a photon red FE with essentially the same package.
The cold climate package includes the heated windshield, I believe. Have you seen a car with this? Some on this forum hate the heated windshield.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm thinking this car was in the same JLR "program" as my recent 2020 purchase. Ask what the in-service date on this car is. I was told mine was June 3 (reduced my warranty by a few months), and the car had to be put in service at that time to qualify for the "program."

My sticker was $89,860. I was first offered something like $68,000. When I pushed for more it went down to $65,000. The offer sheet showed $19,860 as "discount" and $5000 as "rebate." I'm not sure those terms in quotes have real meaning. Don't know if I could have pushed for more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I was going to call the dealer tomorrow and move forward with the deal since I can’t get there in person but I checked tonight and the car is gone...😟

Thank you all for your help and advice. I guess it’s back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This...wasn't a good deal. If you want a good deal and are willing to travel, by that logic you should be willing to get the car shipped, which means using either a broker (recommend Tom from Jalopnik) or taking time to open every JLR dealer website itself to find those with unique popups offers that autotrader/cars.com won't find. I got an insane deal at BMC SF at almost $40k off sticker on a '20. Literally cause I went to their site one more time and saw a targeted ad.Now, that was half dumb luck, but spend time to find right deal.

Should expect to get the total cost into the high 50s if you're patient.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just looked again and here's an I-Pace S for $51k, two inventory in stock - you're probably giving up color choice and stereo (dont have spec sheet), but can buy rims for a lot less than $18k diff with the one you posted. -- says pre-owned but almost positive they're loaners.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
I got $29000 off of my 2019 first edition back in July. I’d recommend trying for $30k off or more on a 2019 since it’s almost end of the year.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts