Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've signed up and successfully have it installed on my iPhone. Not able to log in to my inControl account though, since I've been using this specified version of inControl for the Chinese market, which has a different endpoint.

WattCat has recently add in support for Chinese market. Would be best if MyPace does it as well.

Much appreciation if the matter could be on your development agenda. Plz kindly advise if there's anything I could do to assist.

·
Registered
2020 Indus Silver
38 Posts
I didn't see much action in this thread, but the app author mentioned earlier in the thread that, since he is a European, he's mostly active on the UK board. I looked there and wow, the thread was 12 pages long -- lots of feedback and improvements over time. So, I installed the app on Testflight, and I'm very glad I did. It's a great app.

I tried almost everything except camper/pet mode -- my pet is a cat (a furry, non-electric one in this case) and he is not big on car trips. The best part for me was the Apple Watch support. I was able to quickly check charge level, lock/unlock the car and start preconditioning -- right from the watch. I tried limiting the charge level to 80% and the app worked great. It even notified me on the watch when it reached 80% and stopped.

I am impressed.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Agreed.

I use both MyPace and WattCat (on Bluestacks) so I can give feedback. Really appreciate these developers taking time to write these apps for our niche cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a question concerning the app. In the low voltage system section it shows 12V Battery Voltage - and TCU Battery 94% What is the difference between these batteries and why is 12V not showing up any data? I heard the MY21 models do not have the smaller 12V battery anymore. Only the larger 12V starter-battery. Could this be an explanation?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
The TCU battery is the one the telematics control unit uses. The 12V battery voltage should be the voltage of the larger 12V started battery.

Do you have the MY21?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks, yes I have the MY21. In the JLR API it lists the following down below. (No "BATTERY_VOLTAGE)

BATTERY_STATUSBATTERY_1_1

·
Registered
363 Posts
Do you have any parameter named "BATTERY_xxx" (xxx is a placeholder), with a value between 12 and 15 ?
Do you mind sending me, in private, here, the full list of parameter and value to compare with a MY19/20 ? Remove the VIN value to keep to private data private.... :)

·
Registered
363 Posts
For Info, here is a list of parameters from the API that have disappeared in the MY21:

ARM_REST_SECOND_ROW_INHIBITION
ARM_REST_SECOND_ROW_STATUS
BATTERY_VOLTAGE
DRV_SEAT_SECOND_ROW_INHIBITION
DRV_SEAT_SECOND_ROW_STATUS
DRV_SEAT_THIRD_ROW_INHIBITION
DRV_SEAT_THIRD_ROW_STATUS
EV_PHEV_RANGE_COMBINED_KM
EV_PHEV_RANGE_COMBINED_MILES
EV_PRECONDITION_FUEL_FIRED_HEATER_SETTING
EV_RANGE_PREDICT_STATUS
PAS_SEAT_FIRST_ROW_INHIBITION
PAS_SEAT_FIRST_ROW_STATUS
PAS_SEAT_SECOND_ROW_INHIBITION
PAS_SEAT_SECOND_ROW_STATUS
PAS_SEAT_THIRD_ROW_INHIBITION
PAS_SEAT_THIRD_ROW_STATUS

Most of them had no value, or no meaningful value. Only the missing BATTERY_VOLTAGE does not make sense for me. The 12v battery voltage is now missing.

Here is a list of new parameters

EV_CHARGE_TYPE
EV_IS_CHARGING
EV_IS_PLUGGED_IN
EV_IS_PRECONDITIONING
EV_ONE_OFF_MAX_VALUE
EV_PERMANENT_MAX_SOC_VALUE

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been working on an I-Pace app for iOS, similarly to WattCat for Android, but unlike the WattCat, this app is in it's early stages, and not ready to replace the official Remote app.
However, it does offer a couple of things the official app doesn't. Here's a quick list of features:
  • See the state of charge, range, charge status, remaining time.
  • Limit the state of charge while charging. The app will periodically check the state of charge in the background, and stop the charging process if desired SoC has been reached.
  • Lock / Unlock the vehicle.
  • Lock the vehicle even if it's already locked, but not all windows have been closed. The car will then close its windows.
  • See the lock / window status door by door.
  • Start the preconditioning / climate.
  • Camper mode. In this mode, the app will periodically check whether the climate / preconditioning has stopped, and if yes, it'll restart it.
  • Tyre pressures info.
  • Today widget with lock / unlock operation, as well as SoC and range info + charging status.

If anyone's interested in it, please sign up using this form: Sign up for MyPace iOS TestFlight access
Note: you need to have this app installed in order to be able to get the beta builds: ‎TestFlight

Here're a couple of screenshots from the dev phase: MyPace Screenshots - Google Drive
Good afternoon,

My iPace is coming towards the end of it's 3 year warranty and an email from Jaguar is asking me to pay to renew the "in control" app and the anti theft tracking system.

I've never used either and regularly use your Mypace app when I want to look at the car remotely, will the Mypace app continue to work if I don't renew the incontrol app?

I've upgraded the app in test flight regularly.

Thank you, Arthur Halling (dimitri456)

·
Registered
2 Posts
My iPace is coming towards the end of it's 3 year warranty and an email from Jaguar is asking me to pay to renew the "in control" app and the anti theft tracking system.

I've never used either and regularly use your Mypace app when I want to look at the car remotely, will the Mypace app continue to work if I don't renew the incontrol app?

I've upgraded the app in test flight regularly.

Thank you, Arthur Halling (dimitri456)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Hey Arthur,

MyPace is using the same underlying service as the official Remote app, so AFAIK you do have to renew the "Jaguar Remote" service in order for MyPace to continue to work.
The other one (i.e Jaguar Secure Tracker) shouldn't be necessary for the official Remote or MyPace.

How much are they charging for a year of "Jaguar Remote"?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been working on an I-Pace app for iOS, similarly to WattCat for Android, but unlike the WattCat, this app is in it's early stages, and not ready to replace the official Remote app.
However, it does offer a couple of things the official app doesn't. Here's a quick list of features:
  • See the state of charge, range, charge status, remaining time.
  • Limit the state of charge while charging. The app will periodically check the state of charge in the background, and stop the charging process if desired SoC has been reached.
  • Lock / Unlock the vehicle.
  • Lock the vehicle even if it's already locked, but not all windows have been closed. The car will then close its windows.
  • See the lock / window status door by door.
  • Start the preconditioning / climate.
  • Camper mode. In this mode, the app will periodically check whether the climate / preconditioning has stopped, and if yes, it'll restart it.
  • Tyre pressures info.
  • Today widget with lock / unlock operation, as well as SoC and range info + charging status.

If anyone's interested in it, please sign up using this form: Sign up for MyPace iOS TestFlight access
Note: you need to have this app installed in order to be able to get the beta builds: ‎TestFlight

Here're a couple of screenshots from the dev phase: MyPace Screenshots - Google Drive
How do I download your app

21 - 40 of 40 Posts