Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put this in your toolbox for emergency tow purposes. Not found in the manual.
When my car was towed on a dark rainy night 1/5/19 it had lost power (more on why later) and would not run or shift out of park. A jumper box connected under the hood got it to shift to neutral to be loaded onto the flatbed properly, but upon unloading the hood would not respond to the remote so could not jump battery again thus removing from the tow bed had some very ugly hopping. Here is what Leif of Cole European in Walnut Creek, CA shared a few days later.

Open the hood / bonnet by first unscrewing the round 2 inch wide knob just above the passenger kick panel. That will reveal a loop pull for a cable to manually open the hood.

With the hood open, remove the battery cover panel (2 screws) and look n the middle of that area near the front (of the car) for a cable with a plastic lever attached. Move the plastic lever up 90 degrees and (didn't do this personally) that will engage the transmission into neutral.

The owners manual referred to some mysterious process, for trained personnel only, for the above. Leif also stated that if the tow dude had left the jumper box on longer, the car could've recovered enough power to start and drive a very short distance. Better than blocking a business driveway for an hour after coasting off a boulevard to an unpushable stop.

My car has 1,600 fun miles in a month. On 1/5/19 It displayed a battery charging fault while I was driving. A few miles later at a parking garage at my dinner destination, it would not charge further with 138 miles remaining. Upon hooking up the level 2 charger, the dash would alternatively display 'initializing' and 'charging' back and forth. No big deal, I will just use my remaining 138 miles to finish the evening and drive it Monday to service, right? Nope. A few miles later, A series of failure and limited power warnings said my.car was not with that plan. So far, service will replace 1 of the 3 batteries (not the propulsion battery) and see if that is all the charging system needs. More info on that next week. BTW, the salesmen (including Boris A.) at Cole were put through a training program and were very knowledgeable in showing the car. Leif in service is working with advice from corporate JLR folks on my car. Steve

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for sharing - hopefully I will not need to use these procedures. So far, my i-Pace is rock solid on driving and charging.

Brent

1 - 3 of 3 Posts