Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

61 - 68 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Alright, I am a new I Pace owner of 3 days and have some questions. I also have a leased Tesla Model S, so I already have a Tesla "corded mobile connector" which I have plugged into a 14-50 outlet. I just got a Teslatap which works great with the cord I have, but I may have to return that cord with the car when I turn it in next month.

So, my question: what is the difference between the corded mobile connector that I have, and the Gen 2 mobile connector bundle (aside from the adaptor that comes with the bundle)? I ask because should I (or anyone) need to buy a new one, why would you buy a "corded mobile connector" at $520, when the bundle is $275, plus another $35 for the 14-50 connector? I must be missing something.
Yeah I dont know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
what is the difference between the corded mobile connector that I have, and the Gen 2 mobile connector bundle
The two most important are:
- The Gen 2 has several swappable adapters (separate purchases) that allow it to plug directly into a variety of outlets. The CMC had only a 14-50 plug and you had to use adapters between the 14-50 and the desired outlet, so the Gen 2 has a cleaner deign.
- The Gen 2 is limited to 32 Amps, while the CMC can charge at up to 40 Amps.

It's that latter reason that causes people to seek out the older CMC and causes the prices to be higher. From what I can tell it's been discontinued by Tesla and is no longer available for purchase as a new accessory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Charging options

I am looking for suggestions and recommendations for solutions/adapters to allow me to plug an
i_Pace into a Tesla level 2 charger I might want to use while
away from home.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Agreed. Just completed my first long trip (600 miles rt). Used the Tesla tap at the Tesla destination charger at the hotel. It worked great. I wish I could say the same thing about the rest of my charging experience on the road. What a painfully frustrating and time-consuming experience. I know I can't compare everything to Tesla, but I have a Tesla as well, so I am well aware of what it COULD/SHOULD be.

61 - 68 of 68 Posts