Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Will try and answer questions objectively while worrying I’ll be trolled by both sides! They are both brilliant!

Will you use the same charger with an adapter, or get a second one, or rely on off-site charging?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to use the Tesla adapter that came with the 3--seems to work fine with my ChargePoint

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Jag is a lot more "normal" and has a smoother ride and nicer interior trim (remember there is a $20K price gap after you take into account discounts and tax credits). I am also a huge fan of hatchbacks and I am still stunned by the Jag's exterior design. The M3 accelerates faster (there is no discernible difference in acceleration between our AWD LR and the 3 Performance) but the Jag is certainly not slow! The Tesla also "delights" in a way that I find Apple products do (here come the trolls!) and I think Jaguar missed some tricks to do same, such as not having an on/off button, using phone as key, the way the charging port opens and closes, etc. The Tesla has far better infotainment software and app support than the clumsy junk in the Jag, but I don't see that much because I live in Apple CarPlay and I miss that in the M3. I also think autopilot is ahead of the Jag's autonomous mode. But, overall they are both wonderful in their own way. Of course, there are external factors--we're going to Chicago this weekend and we can't take the Jag because of poor EV infrastructure in our part of the country--but we'll be fine with the M3 and Superchargers. there isn't a bad choice!

·
Registered
580 Posts
I can see myself owning a Model Y but not a Model 3. I haven't owned a sedan since the the early 2000s; all have been either hatchbacks or wagons.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had an I-Pace 2019 HSE since June of this year. Last weekend my wife got a Kia Niro EV EX Premium, and I may chime in with my own comments comparing those two cars. My wife's and my initial impressions are that the I-Pace is a much more fun to drive car and looks a ton better. The Niro is an extremely competent car, and in Sports mode is actually a fun car to drive (there's plenty of get-up-and-go, especially at highway speeds). The main area in which the Niro absolutely trashes the I-Pace is in terms of the software. The software on the Niro just works, which is far from my (and based on other postings on this forum) experience with the I-Pace. Happy to take my comments elsewhere, but "The Jag has a new roommate" was also relevant to my situation and so I'm adding my $0.02's (apologies to the OP if that is highjacking this thread).

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm waiting...

...for the VW EV Microbus and when it is available I'll trade in my Porsche Macan and the Jag will have a VW roomate. The Jag and the Porsche, while very different, are each splendid, but in many ways functionally the same. But by the time the VW comes out, the Porsche will be ready for a re-tread. I'm an old hippie, so the bus has nostalgic appeal, but it also appears to be roomier and a better cargo hauler than the Jag, so we'll see.

·
Super Moderator
2,125 Posts
Yes! I'm sure the wife will upgrade her Jetta Hybrid (not many made, awesome car) to some VW ID model in a couple of years.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Yes! I'm sure the wife will upgrade her Jetta Hybrid (not many made, awesome car) to some VW ID model in a couple of years.
My brother has the touareg hybrid. toe rag. Not the best hybrid around.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I drove a macan for 3.5 yrs and traded for Jag before warranty ended! Lovely car and I'd buy an electric one!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts