Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any small details you would change on the I-Pace?

I would like it if they made the AC dials and the window switches out of aluminum. Ive been tempted to look into having the dials created and getting them replaced myself

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hope JLR is reading... a few could be software-implemented!

- Allow operator to 'opt out' of the annoying 'backup beep'. Especially at home, in your own driveway, at 5am! (software option?)
- Allow cable unlock once fully charged (courtesy to other charging station users - software option?)
- Achieve better GDO signal transmission
- Achieve Carplay through bluetooth (Really? Still needs a cable???)
- Retain 'Drive Mode' upon next startup (software option?)
- Achieve independent HVAC FAN SPEED for each occupant (not just temperature)
- Put a wireless phone charger either in 'Phone Slot' or center console area
- Don't turn off the car just because I open the Driver's door, let ME decide (software option?)
- Allow option to paint the rear license plate plastic area (I did aftermarket)
- Allow option for chrome or gloss black METAL door handles
- Rubberize the lowest center console storage (currently carpet) so items don't slide out
- Slightly larger overhead sunglass storage compartment
- Lip on 'below the seat' storage compartments so items (e.g., iPad) won't slide out during slow/stop

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

- Allow operator to 'opt out' of the annoying 'backup beep'. Especially at home, in your own driveway, at 5am! (software option?)
- Allow cable unlock once fully charged (courtesy to other charging station users - software option?)
- Achieve better GDO signal transmission
- Achieve Carplay through bluetooth (Really? Still needs a cable???)
- Retain 'Drive Mode' upon next startup (software option?)
- Achieve independent HVAC FAN SPEED for each occupant (not just temperature)
- Put a wireless phone charger either in 'Phone Slot' or center console area
- Don't turn off the car just because I open the Driver's door, let ME decide (software option?)
- Allow option for chrome or gloss black METAL door handles
- Rubberize the lowest center console storage (currently carpet) so items don't slide out
- Slightly larger overhead sunglass storage compartment
- Lip on 'below the seat' storage compartments so items (e.g., iPad) won't slide out during slow/stop
The drive mode was recently explained in a video by Jaguar.
I neeeds to stay in that comfort mode on start up per the EPA.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I missed that one, but leave it to the EPA to screw up a needed feature.

I'd love to hear the 'explanation', do you have a link or recall a title/source?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I missed that one, but leave it to the EPA to screw up a needed feature.

I'd love to hear the 'explanation', do you have a link or recall a title/source?
It's a very Informative video that touches on many points. Watch the whole thing

Sorry, it's WLTP, not EPA
Go to the 53min mark

https://youtu.be/xmbk5yYnMlY

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts

I'm in the process for painting the Leaper and JAGUAR emblems on the tailgate and interested in your "rear license plate plastic area" and what was your aftermarket solution?
Thanks
Rear debadging
https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/385-appearance-body/5043-rear-debadging.html
I just had the dealer paint it black to match vehicle. Some surface prep was necessary to get a closer match to the sheen than would occur if the plastic was simply painted, but now I have no "dull black plastic" anywhere other than the mudflaps. Since I first laid eyes on the I-Pace, I detested the dull (cheap!) look of that license area, especially on a black car. (I also think they should offer the side accent trim in "paint color match" option, not only black.). I have posted a pic elsewhere on this forum...

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
302 Posts
- Wireless CarPlay (if the hardware in the car can support it, since it requires some special WiFi & Bluetooth setup to work)
- Siri EyesFree (if the hardware won't support Wireless CarPlay)
- Use addresses from Bluetooth contacts for Navigation
- Speed sensitive volume
- Better voice recognition
- Ability to rename favorites via jaguar.here.com
- Ability to set a temperature range instead of a point. ex: I only need heat if below 60, or AC above 75, but I'd like the fan always on with fresh air.
- A single panel on the IMC that shows the info from the Eco Data & My EV panels

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I'm in the process for painting the Leaper and JAGUAR emblems on the tailgate and interested in your "rear license plate plastic area" and what was your aftermarket solution?
Thanks
Rear debadging
https://www.i-paceforum.com/forum/385-appearance-body/5043-rear-debadging.html
I just had the dealer paint it black to match vehicle. Some surface prep was necessary to get a closer match to the sheen than would occur if the plastic was simply painted, but now I have no "dull black plastic" anywhere other than the mudflaps. Since I first laid eyes on the I-Pace, I detested the dull (cheap!) look of that license area, especially on a black car. (I also think they should offer the side accent trim in "paint color match" option, not only black.). I have posted a pic elsewhere on this forum...
Do you mean this black piece that says Jaguar?

If so that part was an essential part of the design to break up the long door

I agree with cheap plastic parts

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
I strongly agree with:
1.The charging cable plug locking scheme on our cars was done by someone who has never operated an electric car before. Anything is better than what we have now.
2.The door open, shuts off the car, needs to go, so I can lean out the car and watch when running the car up on blocks for tire changing and also to unplug the car.
My Additions:
3. Reverse the position of the shift buttons. Park has been on the top for the last 70 years and still is on everything else I drive.
4. Change the door handles to something that can let me get out of the car and run away from it with the doors locked, as quick as a 2001 Ford Ranger short bed, with the manual push down lock buttons on top of the door. (instead of trying to wait for the door to close, then trying to get a little tiny button to work, while standing in the rain, in the dark.) Make it also beat the manual key in the door handle to enter time scheme.
5. Give me battery available kWatts on the dash in place of, or switchable between, the big digital read out for miles left. Most people would use the kWatt display. I had this using a scangauge on my Ford Focus Electric.
6. I have to turn my headlights off when backing into my driveway to prevent lighting up my neighbors houses. This turns off the lights in the interior that prevents me from finding the unlit OFF button for the car. Turn the button light on all the time. It is hidden behind the steering wheel anyways. Give me back my control of all the lights!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Okay! Let's do this!

1) Fix the dash reflection. Awful.
2) Fix the brakes. I know everyone struggles with EV brakes but c'mon.
3) Speed up the infotainment.
4) Use more cushioning in the seats. (I know this is pretty much only me, but much worse seats than a Porsche IMO).
5) Give the steering more feedback.
6) Fix the wonky stability control
7) Change the random shitty plastic pieces. Ie.. trunk close, sunglasses holder, etc. It's not a $20k Chevy.
And the best for last...
8) Fix the **** battery and battery software. Have the software actually recognize problems. Have the car display range using a simpler, more effective calculator. All numbers should be in KWH, none of this smoke & mirrors bullshit.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'll play:

1. Fix the software for Sat Radio to show the song and artist - this drives me bonkers
2. Definitely better voice controls
3. Better infotainment in general - It really could be a great system with just a bit of actual work from some good developers.
4. Allow the car to go back to high suspension mode when you slow down again - I actually like riding in the higher mode sometimes around town for visibility.
5. The smart ventilation is a great idea but it only triggers in the back seats if you have your seatbelt on - which many people don't do. This means I have to remember to turn off smart climate if people are in the back seat.
6. Wireless car play would be great but even just the eyes free version to be able to summon siri would make my world a lot better.
7. Powered tilt/telescoping wheel

Ugh... I could keep going. I really do like this car on paper but some of the bugs really get to me...

Reactions: phil
1 - 13 of 13 Posts