Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Folks I just edited the initial post, warning people not to disclose terms of the settlement. The language allowed is "resolved the dispute", with no details.

I will add that for most of us in states with strong lemon laws the terms have been satisfactory.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi buybackers...what about the thousands in sales tax that you paid for the cars? Does the state or Jaguar reimburse that?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Just a marker. Like Sciencegeek noted, you will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement at the time in exchange for the settlement offer.
I'm in the home stretch, but still awaiting final papers.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
301 Posts
@McRat, since you haven’t signed yet, and to make it easier for someone to tell if they got your buyback as a “certified pre-owned” car, any chance you’d be willing to post your VIN now while you still can?

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Just a marker. Like Sciencegeek noted, you will sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement at the time in exchange for the settlement offer.
I'm in the home stretch, but still awaiting final papers.
I didn't need to sign a NDA...maybe it's a CA thing?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I didn't need to sign a NDA...maybe it's a CA thing?
My contract has the NDA disclosure on the offer doc. Did you read the entire offer letter?

To CyberSlug - I would guess that would be major failure to uphold the NDA. I already signed the offer, but there is more final paperwork to sign. I'm under NDA at this point. I will say they have treated me fairly, and I imagine they will come up with a fix.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
My contract has the NDA disclosure on the offer doc. Did you read the entire offer letter?

To CyberSlug - I would guess that would be major failure to uphold the NDA. I already signed the offer, but there is more final paperwork to sign. I'm under NDA at this point. I will say they have treated me fairly, and I imagine they will come up with a fix.
I actually didn’t have a contract. It was 100% verbal agreement that they would apply 100% of my original purchase price (minus 10 cents/mile) to the new car and would also pay tax/license in the new car.
Super easy

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I actually didn’t have a contract. It was 100% verbal agreement that they would apply 100% of my original purchase price (minus 10 cents/mile) to the new car and would also pay tax/license in the new car.
Super easy
I remember that you mentioned that the dealer was involved. In my case there was no dealer involvement and I suspect that is policy. Maybe they made an exception for an excellent customer like you! :) ?

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
I remember that you mentioned that the dealer was involved. In my case there was no dealer involvement and I suspect that is policy. Maybe they made an exception for an excellent customer like you! :) ?
It wasn’t even the dealer I bought the car from. JLR made the deal with me, then passed me off to the dealer who made the transaction with me. They likened it to an ‘out of court’ settlement. If I would buy a JLR product they would settle without either of us needing to do Lenon Law litigation/negotiation.

I was very pleased with how it all worked out

·
Super Moderator
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Well it's time to say good-bye to the Silver Cat with the Mars Red seats. She was awesome. Someone will get a great car at an excellent price.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have finally hit the limit with our I Pace. Any help you folks can provide will be appreciated. I contacted Jaguar a couple weeks ago requesting a buyback. Our 2019 HSE has been in the shop/out of service for between 60-65 days in 15 months of ownership for problems small and large. The clincher today was we just got the car back last week after its 3rd A/C repair when the bottom shield fell off this morning while my wife was driving to work. This is of course a minor problem--the tech probably just missed a couple bolts or something, but seeing it go in again on a flatbed was the final straw. It won't get looked at until Thursday, adding to our days out of service count.

Jaguar called me yesterday, and asked if the car was currently in the shop. I said no. She said are all the problems currently fixed, and I said yes, except for the timer function on the App will not work. She said there's nothing she can do. Really?!?! I emailed back this morning, and said I don't think 65 days out of service is acceptable for a $90,000 car in 14 months, and I'm not sure who would find this acceptable. I asked her to escalate my case.

Any thoughts, folks? It does not meet Iowa's criteria for the lemon law, even though things have not gone well, to say the least. Should I hire a lawyer? Ask for someone specific at Jaguar? Or, am I just out of luck?

·
Registered
90 Posts
@sciencegeek , per the resolution dispute process stated in the Jaguar manual, I sent JLR a notification of manufacturer defect. I opened a case for mediation with the BBB, also again per the Jaguar manual instructions. I sent all the information regarding problems and receipts to both parties. JLR is supposed to notify me within 10 days of receipt of the notification of defect....that has not happened. The BBB said it usually takes 2 weeks to sort things out with JLR; we're now a little past 2 weeks, so I hope to hear something this week.

My expectations are not high. After talking with another member on this forum on the phone, it sounds like JLR is stonewalling new cases and hoping people like me just go away. Perhaps earlier buybacks discussed on this forum benefited from JLR being more lenient, at the time? I just saw an article about big job cuts at JLR...probably they are in chaos right now, which likely does not help. If other members have suggestions on how best to handle this situation, please let me know on the board or in private message,

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been lurking but it's unfortunately time to post...
I leased a 2019 I-Pace demo with about 500 miles on it June 13, 2020.
I picked up the car in Tampa, FL and drove it home to Orlando. As soon as I got off the exit, got the "high voltage error, drive with caution". Car was in the shop for 2 weeks. Worked fine for a couple of weeks, then started getting a "suspension failure" error, along with being unable to charge. As of today, it's been in service an additional 3 weeks and counting. They were able to get it to charge, but can't figure out the suspension problem and no ETA. I called JLR customer service, explained the situation and she asked "what would you like to happen?" I said "I love the car, I'd like you to swap it out for one that works". She put me on hold and called the dealership. She said they will contact you in 24 hours, if they don't call me back. They didn't, I called and left her a message. I called another service rep who reviewed the notes and said the best thing to do is deal with the dealership. It was Saturday, so drove to the dealership and immediately asked for a sales manager. He laughed in my face when I mentioned swapping it out, said they're not gonna eat the loss on a 90k vehicle.
I'm sorry this is long, but am I jumping the gun? And how do I expedite things without getting the run around? I can't believe the car has been in the shop more than I've had it in a little over 2 months of ownership.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have an arbitration hearing with Jaguar through their agreement with the BBB next friday. Has anyone been through arbitration? Any advice?

61 - 80 of 80 Posts