Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you Curt. I forwarded your message with your Service Advisor's name to my Service Manager at my local Jaguar dealer.

Within mins, my car told me I had an update. He said they have never been told to push an update via Topix, had no idea it could even be done and the Service Dept. was never told, nor taught about this from JLR Corp. He was really happy that he now knows this now!

I started downloading S20A, but then we entered our canyon, so the 4G and cell service died. I pulled in the garage and connected via WiFi...hopefully the update will continue :)

I had made peace to never check SOTA again, but maybe mine might end up working too :)

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...kind of, LOL. It downloaded, and says will finish loading after vehicle shutdown. I got home, parked in the garage, turned the car off and waited about 15 mins. Started the car, and it now shows 20A instead of 19C, but still says will finish after vehicle shutdown.

I now locked the doors. Is there something more I need to do, for S20A to finish loading?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Well...kind of, LOL. It downloaded, and says will finish loading after vehicle shutdown. I got home, parked in the garage, turned the car off and waited about 15 mins. Started the car, and it now shows 20A instead of 19C, but still says will finish after vehicle shutdown.

I now locked the doors. Is there something more I need to do, for S20A to finish loading?
I think you're okay. Leave the car off for 10 minutes or so and it should be ready the next time your start it.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@CurtSprings2

Curt,
Thank you so much,
After battling with my advisor for several days on S20 finally your email put quick end to it and the update showed up in a few hrs. Here is the screen shot from dealer's TopIx that turns on the SOTA for those of you who still need to push your advisor.

View attachment 3966
So good, but I mean how utterly ridiculous that we have to make our dealers do this, and some dealers did not even know this is possible.

I have had 2 dealers tell me compared to say MBZ or BMW, that JLR training, information, support and help is next to nothing and they fight everything :(

NONE of us should have had to go to so much trouble for SOTA; something the car "came" with & that JLR keeps promoting themselves!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
So good, but I mean how utterly ridiculous that we have to make our dealers do this, and some dealers did not even know this is possible.

I have had 2 dealers tell me compared to say MBZ or BMW, that JLR training, information, support and help is next to nothing and they fight everything :(

NONE of us should have had to go to so much trouble for SOTA; something the car "came" with & that JLR keeps promoting themselves!!!
Agree, JLR is learning,. it is extremely hard for hardware companies to do Software. :) look what blackberry had to go through ....

·
Registered
777 Posts
So for the guys that now just received S20A, what differences are you actually seeing. Was this worth the aggravation?

·
Registered
106 Posts
So for the guys that now just received S20A, what differences are you actually seeing. Was this worth the aggravation?
Hi Ken,
I just got it so have not used the car yet. But knowing that my SOTA is now on, makes me feel better :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sean, I'm still trying to figure out my configuration. When I first brought my car back home after picking it up new a few weeks ago, I saw an update was available to 19C as I pulled into my garage. So it would certainly seem I have the OTA configuration, yet I still haven't received S20A. So if SOTA is not switched on in my car, how did I get 19C? If it is switched on, then either JLR is rolling this update out slowly or something else is going on. :unsure:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sean, I'm still trying to figure out my configuration. When I first brought my car back home after picking it up new a few weeks ago, I saw an update was available to 19C as I pulled into my garage. So it would certainly seem I have the OTA configuration, yet I still haven't received S20A. So if SOTA is not switched on in my car, how did I get 19C? If it is switched on, then either JLR is rolling this update out slowly or something else is going on. :unsure:
Hi Ken,
I think and this is only a guess, that 19c was pushed without turning the SOTA on. You can see the push icon in the picture I posted . So I assume by clicking you can push individual updated with out having them all pushed. Call and send the pictures to your service advisor and ask them to send you the screen shot just like mine to you. You should see your vin number on top.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Agree, JLR is learning,. it is extremely hard for hardware companies to do Software. :) look what blackberry had to go through ....
But Blackberry has never been a hardware company they are a software company first, hardware is secondary

·
Registered
777 Posts
Hi Ken,
I think and this is only a guess, that 19c was pushed without turning the SOTA on. You can see the push icon in the picture I posted . So I assume by clicking you can push individual updated with out having them all pushed. Call and send the pictures to your service advisor and ask them to send you the screen shot just like mine to you. You should see your vin number on top.
Sean, I'm not sure, but you could be right. I did call the dealership and they told me to wait until my salesman comes in tomorrow. They were insisting that the update should be there if I'm getting a good signal in the garage. I never had an issue getting updates on the Tesla, so I don't see why there would be an issue...other than the I-Pace takes a long time to rediscover Wifi. I don't have to put the password in again, but it does take forever to hook up each time.

Maybe I'll try using my phone as a hotspot and see if that works. Otherwise I took a screenshot of your posted Topix screen, clearly showing the SOTA 'switch'. I'll send that tomorrow to my sales guy.

Thanks, Sean!

·
Registered
777 Posts
In thinking about this, the other possibility is that 20A simply doesn't show up in Topix for my car. I know when I go into it, it shows everything is up to date. The advisor said he saw nothing about 20A for my car when it was being repaired. I specifically mentioned to have it done while I was there. It really is a nutty way the way they do this.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
313 Posts
In thinking about this, the other possibility is that 20A simply doesn't show up in Topix for my car. I know when I go into it, it shows everything is up to date. The advisor said he saw nothing about 20A for my car when it was being repaired. I specifically mentioned to have it done while I was there. It really is a nutty way the way they do this.
Does the InControl software show up in TOPIx as a campaign requirement? It wasn't on mine at any point even though I am on version S18D and it sounds like I definitely should be upgraded to something newer than that.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Does the InControl software show up in TOPIx as a campaign requirement? It wasn't on mine at any point even though I am on version S18D and it sounds like I definitely should be upgraded to something newer than that.
Pete, not really sure. I'm a newbie to this stuff on the I-Pace. It's possible it doesn't, but maybe the 'old-timers' here would know. It certainly would explain why my advisor didn't see it and it's what made me think it doesn't show up.

Yet Sean's screenshot certainly makes it look like it does.:unsure:

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
300 Posts
So far IMC updates haven't shown up in Topix as a campaign, most likely because the updates aren't a mandatory service action that dealers are expected to do whenever they have the cars in their possession.

·
Registered
777 Posts
So far IMC updates haven't shown up in Topix as a campaign, most likely because the updates aren't a mandatory service action that dealers are expected to do whenever they have the cars in their possession.
But doesn't Sean's screenshot show it does show up in Topix, if not as a 'campaign'?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts