Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite possible I will be moving to Texas, Dallas area. First thing came to mind is would my I-Pace fit in?
I'm looking for homes in Flower Mound and Grapevine area.

·
Registered
34 Posts
More importantly will you fit in. Especially if you take a California attitude. When I left California I left that attitude behind. You will realize real quick other places are very different if only subtle.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I love Texas. The people are friendly, the laws are relaxed, there is little to no zoning, lots of race tracks with no noise restrictions.
If we ever left California, we'd move to Texas. But I'm still hoping for a miracle. That the politicians will wake up one morning and realize what they've done.
I live in a semi-rural area so we don't get the full brunt of the California government except at work.

If you are looking for the California Adventure Texas Style, that would be Austin. I like Houston or San Antonio better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm not going to try and explain it but after leaving Ca after living in the state 55 years I sure knew I had one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah, the I-Pace will fit in just fine, you'll be in one of the more richer urban areas. You'd fit in like crazy if the car was a Tesla. Our area is pretty Tesla-heavy but there are a handful of other electrics in the mix too. Since Flower Mound is one of the wealthier areas I'd expect you'll be seeing a lot of high-end cars in that area.

Looking at the ChargePoint app (which also shows some other brands) I'm a little surprised that Flower Mound is in a bit of a hole public-charger-wise. Austin is quit a bit denser but then we have a rep for being kinda eco-centric. Outside of the charger "islands" around the big cities, you'll still need to be careful with trips away from the cities. I still use our gas-burners for trips more than a 100 miles away.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, the I-Pace will fit in just fine, you'll be in one of the more richer urban areas. You'd fit in like crazy if the car was a Tesla. Our area is pretty Tesla-heavy but there are a handful of other electrics in the mix too. Since Flower Mound is one of the wealthier areas I'd expect you'll be seeing a lot of high-end cars in that area.

Looking at the ChargePoint app (which also shows some other brands) I'm a little surprised that Flower Mound is in a bit of a hole public-charger-wise. Austin is quit a bit denser but then we have a rep for being kinda eco-centric. Outside of the charger "islands" around the big cities, you'll still need to be careful with trips away from the cities. I still use our gas-burners for trips more than a 100 miles away.
I did notice some Tesla's around, especially in Southlake. On the plugshare app I noticed a few Evgo stations around. At first I thought it was funny that an EV station is at the Harley Davidson store, but then I remembered they just released their first electric bike. I don't know though, something about the image of pulling up to a Harley shop in a Jag. Haha

·
Registered
120 Posts
Quite possible I will be moving to Texas, Dallas area. First thing came to mind is would my I-Pace fit in?
I'm looking for homes in Flower Mound and Grapevine area.
Why even worry about what others think or have. We live in a free country so if you are a Texan in California, or a Californian in Texas, it should not matter! Be the best of you and enjoy your life.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts