Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My range has improved by 33% from a low point in December (162 miles/260km) to May (243 miles/391km) but I was surprised by the results of a recent test that I conducted. Last November I wanted to see how much the use of climate control had on cold weather driving so I drove a 37 mile (60km) circuit four times on country roads at an average speed of 50 MPH (80kph) in 30 degree weather (-1 C) . The first circuit was with climate control off and the car managed a fine 245 miles (394km) range. The other 3 circuits were with climate control in various modes. Today I drove the same route, time, traffic conditions, and no climate control but with the temperature at 70 degrees (21 C). I was very surprised that my range/efficiency only improved by 5% (258 miles/415km).

So why has my range improved by 33% in daily driving? I think it's a combination of improved regen (I'm averaging nearly 1.5 kWh for every 10 miles driven which is up by 50%) and better energy storage in the battery (up by 8 kWh from December). The other lesson for me is that the car's battery thermal management system works well in cold weather as both cold and warm weather efficiency is nearly the same.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts