Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe that effective early in November Tesla started a test that permitted non-Tesla vehicle access to their supercharging network at 10 locations in the Netherlands. Have any iPace owners participated in this test and if yes, comments on the experience and connector required would be appreciated. I live in North Carolina and the lack of EV infrastructure is glaring, with exception of Tesla. I use the connector to access Tesla destination chargers successfully but would that work on the supercharger network?

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
797 Posts
I believe that effective early in November Tesla started a test that permitted non-Tesla vehicle access to their supercharging network at 10 locations in the Netherlands. Have any iPace owners participated in this test and if yes, comments on the experience and connector required would be appreciated. I live in North Carolina and the lack of EV infrastructure is glaring, with exception of Tesla. I use the connector to access Tesla destination chargers successfully but would that work on the supercharger network?
What is so bad about the charging network in NC? Having spent sometime in the western half of the state, is seemed perfectly adequate for thru travel.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
797 Posts
The eastern portion of the state is a bit of an EV desert. Raleigh is adequate but head east and south from there...
The section from Greenville out towards the Outer banks looks open, but L3 chargers are primarily needed on thru routes. There seems to be plenty of L2 options on the Outer banks. No need to fast charge if you are going to stay a while - hence the term destination charger.
In my opinion, there are plenty of thru routes with considerable worse coverage (northern New England, northern mountain west, Alabama, etc).

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,419 Posts
Isn't Tesla equipped with CCS-2 connectors for Europe? That would be compatible with most other EV brands and make charging other brands easier.

We have CCS-1 connectors (and a few equipped with CHAdeMO) and Tesla super chargers have Tesla-only connectors. Tesla will have to provide adapters at the super chargers if they expect any non-Tesla to use them.

The whole state of WV is worse. Per ABRP, charging to 100% in OH as close as I can to WV gets me to -20% by Wyethville, VA. It needs a L3 charger in Charleston and Beckley. Apparently the steepness of the hills will require too much energy and not regen enough. I haven't tried it to validate the situation for obvious reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts