Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could not find much info about this. I know they added a wireless cell charger, but anyone know what else the 2020 cars have?
I'm not allowed on the Tesla sites. >:)

·
Registered
900 Posts
I could not find much info about this. I know they added a wireless cell charger, but anyone know what else the 2020 cars have?
I'm not allowed on the Tesla sites. >:)
No solid info on TMC.

Real world range is, of course, far less.

I'd rather see better headlights, better seats, and real doors.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No solid info on TMC.

Real world range is, of course, far less.

I'd rather see better headlights, better seats, and real doors.
The MX is a serious step down from the I-Pace in suspension, handling, driver's aids, styling, and ergonomics.

And Tesla tends to inflate their highway range pretty significantly.

I would not be surprised if the I-Pace with the latest updates has similar range to the MX90D in the real world. But, I think the 2020 MX100D will nudge out the I-Pace at 75mph now.

·
Registered
980 Posts
If you guys check out the real world range tests between the Model S and Taycan (which are almost 100 mile apart in ratings) you will see that the Model S managed only an additional 12 miles at highway speed/same condition tests. So yes I have NO IDEA how Tesla gets the ratings it gets, compared to the more realistic ranges of other BEVs.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you guys check out the real world range tests between the Model S and Taycan (which are almost 100 mile apart in ratings) you will see that the Model S managed only an additional 12 miles at highway speed/same condition tests. So yes I have NO IDEA how Tesla gets the ratings it gets, compared to the more realistic ranges of other BEVs.
Maybe it's like the VW diesel emissions schedule. Some software programming making the numbers look better.🤔

·
Registered
900 Posts
The new air suspension on the S and X are reportedly pretty good. The I-Pace air suspension has fantastic handling but is a bit stiff on large bumps.

·
Registered
980 Posts
The new air suspension on the S and X are reportedly pretty good. The I-Pace air suspension has fantastic handling but is a bit stiff on large bumps.
Which tires do you have and at what PSI? I don’t have that, but then again I like stiff German type suspensions.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Which tires do you have and at what PSI? I don’t have that, but then again I like stiff German type suspensions.
Whatever is standard with 20" all season. The car absolutely sucks over speedbumps. My main car is the Scion FRS, and it's somewhat better over speedbumps.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Whatever is standard with 20" all season. The car absolutely sucks over speedbumps. My main car is the Scion FRS, and it's somewhat better over speedbumps.
It is horrible over bumps. I have my tires set 37 all around so it's smoother on the flat surfaces, but it's definitely not good over any bumps

I guess that's the price to pay for that better handling

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try the speed bumps at 35 mph. Does far better than most.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Try the speed bumps at 35 mph. Does far better than most.
Need to edit this. It depends on the shape of the speed bump and your ride height. Do not raise the suspension for speed bumps. It makes them harsher. The 35 mph speed is based on the speed bump I must cross each day which is fairly gentle but long.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think its pretty clear they simply design their cars to these specific tests. Nobody I know gets anywhere close to the rated range from their Teslas at highways speeds. Whereas I can fairly regularly get over the 234 miles on my I-Pace--as long as i'm not driving 90MPH like usual. :)

Have a good friend that has a Model 3 Performance--rated at 322 miles. He said driving it at 65-70MPH in good weather(60-70 F), he ends up getting about 220 miles.

Net of it, for whatever reason, you can completely ignore Tesla's mileage ratings. For some reason they are the only manufacturer that always gets significantly less mileage on real world tests conducted by third parties--like not even close.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts