Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sitting at the traffic light next to a Tesla model x, there was a slight incline, after few seconds the tesla started to drift backwards slowly , then it got dangerously close to the car behind him so the other driver started to beep and finally the guy in tesla start to realized it and hit the breaks. my car had locked the breaks automatically and I was fine. Strange, I thought Tesla would do that too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The model X has configurable behavior for vehicle hold, and one of the settings is called "Roll" which lets the car do what you saw.

From the model X owners manual:

"You can choose what you want Model X to do once the driving speed has been reduced to a very low speed...from these options: ... ROLL: When close to, or at, a complete stop, Model X becomes free rolling like a vehicle in Neutral. Therefore, if stopped on a slope, Model X will roll downward. The brake does not engage, and the motor does not apply torque (until the accelerator pedal is pressed)."

·
Registered
20 Posts
In certain conditions the I-Pace will do this too. In certain conditions when the hill incline is slight the automatic hold break will not engage and I have had to intervene to stop the car rolling back into vehicles behind me.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
In certain conditions the I-Pace will do this too. In certain conditions when the hill incline is slight the automatic hold break will not engage and I have had to intervene to stop the car rolling back into vehicles behind me.
ME TOO. My new I-Pace rolls back more on inclines, than it holds!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts